How do I download dvds to hard drive

I cant figure out how to download store bought dvds to my hard drive. I am using windows vista if that makes any difference

[QUOTE=black-irish;2210237]I cant figure out how to download store bought dvds to my hard drive. I am using windows vista if that makes any difference[/QUOTE]

First what format are you going to store them as? Do you currently have a program you thinking of using or have ?? Also do you have the HDD space needed to do that? Are you just going to save the movie or dvd format onto the HDD? Are you using a laptop or desktop to play them and store the movie??

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2210253]First what format are you going to store them as? Do you currently have a program you thinking of using or have ?? Also do you have the HDD space needed to do that? Are you just going to save the movie or dvd format onto the HDD? Are you using a laptop or desktop to play them and store the movie??[/QUOTE]

I am using a laptop, have plenty of space, would like to just download it so i can watch it later on my computer without the actual dvd disk. I have windows media player and VLC. Thank you for any help.

You need to have a burning program to overide the protection

[QUOTE=black-irish;2210288]I am using a laptop, have plenty of space, would like to just download it so i can watch it later on my computer without the actual dvd disk. I have windows media player and VLC. Thank you for any help.[/QUOTE]

If you want to just watch the movie aka rip the movie itself…I would say take a look at Anydvd cause it is both a decrpytor and ripping program in one package will become taskbar resident when installed and can be enable or disabled from running. The decryptor side will bypass and remove protection and allow you to rip to HDD and then you should be able to watch from your computer. You just have to remember that it does include a 21 day trial. Also you can check the Slysoft site to find out more about Anydvd and other programs they have as well. Reason I would say take a look at this program is - it is the one so far that I know of that can Decrypt the protection and Rip at the same time in one package without the need to burn to another DVD media. But as everything I will give the info and leave it up to the OP to decide what to do. As anything this is based on my opinion and experience other may give different opinion and experiences.

If space is not a problem, here is another option. Posts #67 to #74, but please also read Posts #77 & #78. You don’t need the burning part at the end. If space does become a problem, then you can convert them from Dvd format to AVI format, cutting about 4 GBs down to 700 MBs roughly.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfab-5-0-2-2-not-ready-big-league-245636/index3.html