How do i disable DMA on a secondery master for flashing on winxp?

vbimport

Hi guys im running windows xp pro

i was told to go to divice manager and right click propertiese on my liteon then disable dma !!!

but i dont get the option to do so ? in fact i dont see eny option :confused:

i think it has to be turned off in my bios but im not shure .

i also cheaked ide controlers in divice mamager and then i went to second ide properties then advanced properties and i can see

the following ?

Divice 0 is greyed out set to auto ? so i cant turn that one off
and
Divice 1 isnt greyed out ? i can disable it but im not shure if its the correct one to disable

becuse i only have 1 burner on ide secondery master with nothing else atached to the ide cable

if you no how please reply and tnx for all your help guys

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Are you certain you have to disable DMA for flashing? I’m running Win2k and flash with no problems, with DMA enabled.

Originally posted by Tremo
Are you certain you have to disable DMA for flashing? I’m running Win2k and flash with no problems, with DMA enabled.

i was told that it could be the safest way

im going to flash my 40125W to a 40125S

useing the official 40125S firmware ZS0J.bin

im doing it becuse i want p-cav and full cav operation + mt rainier support and better media handeling :slight_smile:

i was told it was safe to flash with this firmware
also when i do flash will it be totaly reversable if something goes wrong when useing it .

• when i do flash to 40125S will i be able from there to flash higher useing the new 40125S firmwares that are released
    so basicly saying when i flash my burner will become identical to teh 40125S right :confused:

tnx for replying mate…:bow: :bow: :bow:

Yes reversible, yes updateable as a 40125S, and yes the same as a 40125S. Hope I covered it. I could have said yes, yes, and yes. Oh, I guess I just did. Also, if you flash in dos you would not need to disable DMA for sure. I have also flashed with the .EXE in windows and had DMA enabled without a problem. But if you wanted to be safe there it couldn’t hurt. But no need if you are flashing in dos. :cool:

Originally posted by momoney
Yes reversible, yes updateable as a 40125S, and yes the same as a 40125S. Hope I covered it. I could have said yes, yes, and yes. Oh, I guess I just did. Also, if you flash in dos you would not need to disable DMA for sure. I have also flashed with the .EXE in windows and had DMA enabled without a problem. But if you wanted to be safe there it couldn’t hurt. But no need if you are flashing in dos. :cool:

tnx mate :DDDDDDDDD

i flashed it i posted in here
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=47590

tnx for ansering a question i posted in there about identical as 40125s so i could flash to highest offical firmware :smiley:

it was your help and ken`s help that mad it possible for me to upgrade useing that firmware :smiley:

its not that i dont beleave or enything its just im very causus now :):rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

its not that i dont beleave or enything its just im very causus now

Sometimes it’s better not to get too curious. :stuck_out_tongue: However, I’m not sure as to why your drive light never came on in the first place after you tried flashing it …