How Do I Create a Smartsound File for Pinnacle for Myself

vbimport

I just started using Pinnacle 9.4. I noticed that when I add a music file it goes to the Smartsound files included with the software. How can I create my own music file from my mp3’s on my harddrive. It looks like Pinnacle doesn’t want you to put your own Mp3’s into your own dvd’s. Is there a way to create my own Smartsound files? What program do I use if I need to. I have Audition 1.5.

Maybe I’m Asking the wrong question… After editting the movie I make, I’d like to add a soundtrack. It seems I can’t drag my mp3’s in the edit line. Has anyone else experienced this. I just want to add music to my own videos (like a music Video).

[QUOTE=Kroozemissile]I just started using Pinnacle 9.4. I noticed that when I add a music file it goes to the Smartsound files included with the software. How can I create my own music file from my mp3’s on my harddrive. It looks like Pinnacle doesn’t want you to put your own Mp3’s into your own dvd’s. Is there a way to create my own Smartsound files? What program shoud I USE or shoud I I need to.?

I’ve seen this question before so here goes:

With Pinnacle open to Edit, click Album > Sound Effects. You will see about 20 different categories of sound effects.

Click the downarrow on the address bar. You will see options Sound Effects, More Sound Effects, and My Music. Select My Music and navigat to the mp3 files you want to add.

Select the song you are interested in, it will play for you. Drag it to the music channel of you choice in the edit area near the bottom.

Another way is to put a shortcut to your music in your sound effects at:

C:/Program Fils/Pinnacle/Studio 9/Sound Effects

The shortcut will point to your music.

Good Luck, Hurle