How do i create a bootable cd from bin&cue files

vbimport

#1

Hello ,i recently downloaded a (operating system) file which unzips into a bin and a cue file. How do convert this to bootable cd , so i can load it on a unpartitioned drive.:bow: :bow: thankyou


#2

if you downloaded the os, and it contains a cue & bin files , you gotta burn it with cdrwin, which you can get at www.goldenhawk.com

Only thing you need to do then is make a bootdisk: go to msdos prompt and type sys a:

after that you are ready for the install, you put the cdr which you just burned in a cdrom drive and the bootdisk in your floppy drive & you restart your pc. Then its only a matter of following the steps on the screen.


#3

The problem is, downloading an OS is 9 out of 10 times illegal, when it comes into bin & cue I even dare to say 99 out of a 100 (only linux is legal, and not even all of them)

If you respect CD Freaks, you respect the rules…


#4

i agree with u, but is’nt 99percent of what is available on the internet for download illegal anyway. The problem should be addressed at the people who make these files available. If u hav’nt read yet , half this forum is about duplicating copies of software.:rolleyes:


#5

If that is the case, people have been formulating their question smarter than you did…

It may seem futile to you, but it may not be to the authorities and they’re the ones imposing penalties on CD Freaks if they feel that illegal activities are openly allowed on this forum…

Are you willing to pay their fine in case this should happen?


#6

Originally posted by kvos
i agree with u, but is’nt 99percent of what is available on the internet for download illegal anyway. The problem should be addressed at the people who make these files available. If u hav’nt read yet , half this forum is about duplicating illegal copies of software.:rolleyes:

Posts about warez are NOT permitted on this forum. Please respect the forum rules.

Further, very few posts on this forum relate to creating illegal copies and no assistance is provided where posts relate to such matters.:cop:


#7

Well warez can not be condoned.

A general newbie bootable CD coment.

The best way to tell if a CD image is bootable like a CD with a ghost HD image on it is to open it up in isobuster and see if it has a virtual boot floppy (or something, i cant remember exactly what it is called), if it does you just have to burn it with an appropriate program, and you will have a bootable CD. If not its not a bootable CD image.

If its not a bootable Cd and you wish to make it bootable, a useful thread on how to make a non bootable CD bootable can be found here which gives links to places that can help you make a bootable CD.


#8

Gee, God forbid, i hope no one keeps any mp3’s on their computer for longer than 24hrs. For your information, i can validate all the software on my computer, can you. Your assumption of the type of os I obtained was correct in your first reply. Thanyou to all ,whose replies were relevant to the subject.


#9

Originally posted by kvos
Gee, God forbid, i hope no one keeps any mp3’s on their computer for longer than 24hrs. For your information, i can validate all the software on my computer, can you. Your assumption of the type of os I obtained was correct in your first reply. Thanyou to all ,whose replies were relevant to the subject.

For the record, mp3’s are even illegal for the first 24 hours when you do not own the songs on an original CD…

Second, care to check my PC to validate all my licenses…?

But you should be more careful in formulating your question. Had you not said you downloaded it, it would not be as clear as it is now that this is very likely related to an illegal download.

But let us assume you downloaded an OS that is under the public License, so nothing illegal about that then.


#10

Originally posted by Da_Taxman

For the record, mp3’s are even illegal for the first 24 hours when you do not own the songs on an original CD…

And in some countries, oz for one and I believe also in UK, it’s illegal even if you do. However, to date, there has never been any attempt to enforce this law in oz.


#11

Sorry for the formulation of my question. I thought that it being my first post,and it being in the newbie section ,I would be allowed some tolerance. But not so. I feel that some of my replies are from people who want to argue issues instead of answering my post. Again thankyou to all those for the help and not those for the legal aspects of what we all do.


#12

Originally posted by kvos
Sorry for the formulation of my question. I thought that it being my first post,and it being in the newbie section ,I would be allowed some tolerance. But not so. I feel that some of my replies are from people who want to argue issues instead of answering my post. Again thankyou to all those for the help and not those for the legal aspects of what we all do.

Please understand that because of the topipc of this site we are under scrutiny by all kinds of authorities who might not be as happy with the info shared here as most of our users. It is, therefore, of great importance we do not violate any applicable laws, we would like this site to stay open for many more years.

We have formulated several rules to which everybody who registers to this forum must agree with. We expect all users to respect our rules and thus respect CD Freaks. We of course take into account that some users are new here and things may not be as clear, whereas other users must know the rules by now. In certain cases violating forum rules will result in a direct ban, but we then take into account the severity of the violation and of course other circumstances, such as being new to this forum.

The suggestion from TechMastex is a helpful one. Another option might be to substract the image’s files by using a program such as WinAmage, ISOBuster, add the file to the list of files and then burn the files onto a CD using for example Nero. In some cases this may result in a loss of certain specific properties of the image file. But this problem, adding files to an image, has been discussed several times before.

Other than that I cannot help you, sorry.