How do i clone a DISK image burnt by Ghost 2002?

vbimport

How do i clone a DISK image burnt by Ghost 2002 ???

i have created an Image of a partition on a CD-R. i have burnt it through Ghost.

the cd works fine.

tried scandisk & shows many many errors. lot of red ones. but, the disk is completely readable in windows.

also, restored the image without any errors. checked the integrity of image. 100% fine.

Ignoring the red sectors, i went & cloned it with CCD4 - Data profile.

Burnt completely. took lot of time due to unreadable sectors on the source.

The cloned CD doesn’t boot at all. however, the orginal (burnt thru ghost works fine).

every cd burnt through ghost has those red sectors.

Don’t know what to do? :confused: :confused: :confused:

If, as in this case, there are read errors when there shouldn’t be any, you’ll probably have better luck using a method that will repair the errors rather than simply duplicating them as ccd will do.

Try one or more of the following:

1. Burnatonce (read with cdrdao or with discdump in standard mode; write with raw driver unchecked).

2. Blindwrite (read using nibble mode; write using sao cooked).

3. Discdump/Fireburner (read with discdump in standard mode; write with fireburner using session-at-once).

Any of those methods should give you an error free copy of the original. (Even better, it will probably work too. :wink: )

first i thought Ghost was not compatible with my 48125S.

so, i burnt it with 48246s. still the same thing.

I had burnt earlier before my HP 9140i 8x4x32x died. again same thing.

then went to a friends & burnt again on his Samsung 8x4x32x.

again same things. why are there errors.

is it something special done by ghost.

i never ged red errors, if i burn from nero, ezcd, etc in windows. as matter of fact i don’t even get yellow sectors even on cheap unbranded media.

no matter which burner, which machine & which media, there are red sectors. also as i mentioned these original cds (burnt from ghost) read perfectly fine in windows, passes integrity check by 100% & boots & also restores the image fine. done it hundred times.

but, i am not able to clone the image disc burnt by ghost.

i’ll try your suggestions.

also, has anyone else come across this thing or is it only me.

Originally posted by TerminatorShawn

tried scandisk & shows many many errors. lot of red ones. but, the disk is completely readable in windows.

So Windows scandisk for hard-drives works on a CD-R, eh?

I believe he is talking of the Scandisc option in Nero CD Speed.
I have also tried to clone a Ghost image cd with Clonecd (data Profile) but the copy was unusable.

…juss checkin’

Originally posted by TerminatorShawn
[B]How do i clone a DISK image burnt by Ghost 2002 ???

i have created an Image of a partition on a CD-R. i have burnt it through Ghost.

the cd works fine.

also, restored the image without any errors. checked the integrity of image. 100% fine.

Ignoring the red sectors, i went & cloned it with CCD4 - Data profile.

Burnt completely. took lot of time due to unreadable sectors on the source.

The cloned CD doesn’t boot at all. however, the orginal (burnt thru ghost works fine).

every cd burnt through ghost has those red sectors.

Don’t know what to do? :confused: :confused: :confused: [/B]

is this what it looks like? Note the red spike at the beginning:

I only get that when I burn directly from Ghost in DOS. If I use the -SPLIT=700 switch and burn it from the 2nd HDD with Nero, then I do not get any errors at all. I’ve no idea if you can burn the Ghost image with Nero and still make it bootable.

So, I avoid burning it from DOS.