How do i clean my PS2 Slim?

My ps2 has been having issues playing GHWT and World at War. The game will start up and then into the game a bit, DVD will studder and then stop or like in Guitar Hero, studder and then play different tracks at different times… sounding horrible.
And then… started having issues reading a few backup disks. I was told to clean the Lens on the ps2. Anyone know how to do this? …besides carefully :slight_smile:

In this case youtube is your friend

[QUOTE=HOLLIEO;2221592]My ps2 has been having issues playing GHWT and World at War. The game will start up and then into the game a bit, DVD will studder and then stop or like in Guitar Hero, studder and then play different tracks at different times… sounding horrible.
And then… started having issues reading a few backup disks. I was told to clean the Lens on the ps2. Anyone know how to do this? …besides carefully :-)[/QUOTE]

Isn’t the slim version PS2 the case where you can open it up right not the slide out tray version?? You will have to use a lens cleaner solution and lens cleaner cloth and spray on the cloth and gently rub the lens as you would clean a cd/dvd media going away from the center to take and dirt or grime off the lens itself.

If its that easy to access then I would just use a q-tip and some isopropyl alcohol, [U]very[/U] gently wipe the lens.

Yup, top just opens and exposes the little itty bitty lens. I am just not sure what to clean with… i have read that alcohol is bad for it and qtips leave lint… ugh! So, do i just get an seeing eyeglass cleaner and spray on microfiber cloth and run over little dot (lens)? and that’s it?

You’ll be fine with the q-tip and isopropyl alcohol, I’ve done it many times.