How do I check my CD for CR2 errors?

How do I check a CD-R for CR2 errors after I’ve burned it with Nero Express?

Also, suppose that I have an audio CD that’s really scratched up and physically damaged and skips and gets stuck, etc.

Then I copy this CD to a blank CD-R.

When I do an error scan on the new CD-R, no errors show up. Does this mean the sound corruption from the physical damage to the original CD won’t be there on the new CD-R that I burned, or does it just mean the drive is reading the disk properly, but the audio information that was written to the disk will still be messed up because the scratches on the original CD made it copy wrong?

Originally posted by MyDivineShadow1

When I do an error scan on the new CD-R, no errors show up. Does this mean the sound corruption from the physical damage to the original CD won’t be there on the new CD-R that I burned, or does it just mean the drive is reading the disk properly, but the audio information that was written to the disk will still be messed up because the scratches on the original CD made it copy wrong?

The latter.
There will be no physical error, but the data might be “changed” (corrupted).
C1 and C2 errors are “physical” errors.

Anyway, if you rip with a lot of care, you might be able to recover the original and true data.
You probably EAC to perform such ripping. It usually works better than anything.

You need a drive that reports C2 errors to scan the surface: Nero CDSpeed can do that, and Feurio does that automatically when ripping (another good reason to use it instead of Nero if you want burst ripping).

LiteOn drives, Plex Premium, some Sanyo also allow to scan C1 errors.