How do I burn DVDs from MPEG clips on a security camera DVR?

I want to burn dvds from a 16 camera security camera dvr. The dvr has a removable HD. The video segmints are in (mpeg4?) format. The dvr records all 16 cameras at once. I want to be able to play any one of the 16 recorded segments from a menu on the dvd.
From what I have gathered on this excellent forum, I need some type of software to capture the different segments and then convert them into a burnable format. Then arrange the segments in a selectable menu and burn the final dvd.
I would greatly appreciate assistance from anyone who can point me in the right direction.:slight_smile:

Hmm, if you don’t know the actual format it’s gonna be tough.
But you can use MediaCoder (sourceforge, just google for it) to transcode about any media format into another media format. This should make it possible to produce files you can burn in the DVD Video format.

You could also try the -not so freeware- Nero Vision product.

I think the format is NTSC. I will try your suggestion. Thanks Mr. Belvedere.

[QUOTE=cniscniscnis;1924741]I want to burn dvds from a 16 camera security camera dvr. The dvr has a removable HD. The video segmints are in (mpeg4?) format. The dvr records all 16 cameras at once. I want to be able to play any one of the 16 recorded segments from a menu on the dvd.
From what I have gathered on this excellent forum, I need some type of software to capture the different segments and then convert them into a burnable format. Then arrange the segments in a selectable menu and burn the final dvd.
I would greatly appreciate assistance from anyone who can point me in the right direction.:)[/QUOTE]

You can try to get G-Spot (free software) and open your file in it. It will tell you type and format of your file.