How do I burn dvd-video files in Nero ROM for dvd-9?

vbimport

Hi there!

I’ve been burning films to dvd for the last 8 months or so. But I’ve just encountered a problem when I was about to burn my latest file that I am unable to resolve. Hence, I’ve joined this forum to ask for help

I have Nero 8, and would like to use Nero Burning ROM to burn a film already in video_TS format to dvd.

I know how to do this as I’ve done this before. But this time the project size is around 7 gb. When I add the files, the project scale at the bottom of Nero ROM, shows that the project is too big as the scale is set up for a single layer dvd. I’ have a dual layer dvd in my dvd drive, which has the capability of burning dual layer.

So essentially my question is this:

How can I change the settings of Nero ROM to allow it to recognise a dvd-9?

I do not have the option to select a dvd-5, or dvd-9 like I do in nero vision, there is no box in the bottom right hand corner that allows me to change the dvd size setting.

Many thanks in advance

Hi J Doe and Welcome:

Nero Burning ROM will automatically adjust the scale on the bottom of the window to reflect the media you’ve inserted. Go to “Choose Recorder” for the drive that has the DL (DVD 9) disc in it. You may need to click on “refresh” but the scale should change to show you have the DL media.

I am not familiar with Nero8, but I would recommend using ImgBurn to burn DLs. Also recommend using Verbatim DL blanks.

http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=86742

[QUOTE=jeff53404;2123873]Hi J Doe and Welcome:

Nero Burning ROM will automatically adjust the scale on the bottom of the window to reflect the media you’ve inserted. Go to “Choose Recorder” for the drive that has the DL (DVD 9) disc in it. You may need to click on “refresh” but the scale should change to show you have the DL media.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the welcome!

Ah yes! I must apologise for my rather obvious mistake:o

Ah yes! I must apologise for my rather obvious mistake

Not a mistake. Nero chose to handle disc size differently in Burning ROM and it is inconsistent if not confusing.

[QUOTE=beef barley;2123874]I am not familiar with Nero8, but I would recommend using ImgBurn to burn DLs. Also recommend using Verbatim DL blanks.

http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=86742[/QUOTE]

Thanks,

May I ask why you prefer ImgBurn?

I have ConvertXtoDvd as well, but I thought that Nero was better.

My primary concern with burning is the video and audio quality of the final project, the burning time of the project, and menu creativity is irrelevant to me.

So with that goal in mind, what would you recommend?

[QUOTE=jeff53404;2124014]Not a mistake. Nero chose to handle disc size differently in Burning ROM and it is inconsistent if not confusing.[/QUOTE]

To be honest I haven’t burned a lot of movies of late, I decided to put burning on hold until I have firmly decided on my preferred piece of software.

I’ve read a lot of mixed reviews about Nero, many have said that Nero 7 is better, that nero 8 is too bloated and inconsistent, Nero is an overhyped software product due to successful marketing etc

I was also considering Roxio, TMPG, DVD lab pro, ImgBurn

I would recommend ConvertXtoDvd over Nero, any day of the week & twice on Sundays. If you look around, you will find out why I would choose ImgBurn, basically the best burning program around & it’s free.