How do I burn a DVD from an .avi?

vbimport

Hey guys

I need to burn a music video (my own band) to a DVD. I have the video as an avi file and I need to make a regular DVD. I don’t what kind of avi file it is but the size is 900mb and the quality is good. Some time long ago, I managed to make a dvd-image from which I could burn the dvd’s (don’t remember how), but I have discovered that the dvd’s skips in most dvd-players. My computer has no trouble reading them though. At first, I was sure it was a burning problem, but I have now tried three different burners and three different high quality medias (+ and -) with exactly the same result, so I’m starting to believe something is wrong with my master dvd image. Usually my dvd player reads burnt dvd’s fine, except there is a little pixelation

What is the easiest way to make a trouble free dvd image?

Avi2DVD :slight_smile:

Avi2DVD :slight_smile:

thanks, but it tells me I need a “decompressor for fourcc dvsd” :sad: How do I find such a thing?

The FAQ says it’s a codec problem and list some common codecs, but I don’t think this is a divx or an xvid :frowning:

Install this: http://users.tpg.com.au/mtam/install_panvfwdv.htm and try again.
If it wont work you first have to use this: http://www.videohelp.com/download/Canopus_DV_File_Converter.exe

thanks, I now solved the codec problem, but only to experience the next problem. The video is 16:9 but no matter how I set the aspect ratio options, the video gets stretched. I found the avi2dvd forum, and I could see that I was not the only one having that problem :frowning: but no solutions :sad:

Any suggestions for other software I could try?

:iagree:
DVD FLICK :slight_smile:

Very good suggestion and choice.

I tried DVD FLICK as well, but with same results.

Finally I tried TMPG DVD Author and that worked as it should.

Damn creating a DVD is not easy. In fact, it’s very hard… or maybe it was just bad luck.

Anyways, thanks for your help.

ConvertxtoDVD is what I recomend. It can convert many formats to DVD. It actually makes the dvd files for you and will burn the dvd for you if you wish it to. Very simple to use. Only 30 bucks I think

heh, I did try ConvertxtoDVD and it didn’t work for me.

Hey good to see it finally worked out for you. :slight_smile:
yes sometimes it’s not easy, sometimes it’s very hard and sometimes it’s just bad luck. thats life :slight_smile: