How do I access File Mover w/o ripping a DVD?

How can I access File Mover when I am not using the “DVD to Mobile” option? I would like to use FM as a quick and easy alternative to iTunes to transfer movies I’ve already ripped/encoded from my hard drive onto my iPod, but other than the dialog that pops up when DVD to Mobile completes, I can’t find a menu option that will do this.

Thanks!

[QUOTE=JohnInFL;2287065]How can I access File Mover when I am not using the “DVD to Mobile” option? I would like to use FM as a quick and easy alternative to iTunes to transfer movies I’ve already ripped/encoded from my hard drive onto my iPod, but other than the dialog that pops up when DVD to Mobile completes, I can’t find a menu option that will do this.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Go into Common Settings>File Mover.

In File Mover, there is one lonely check box, where you can choose to run file mover after a conversion, or not.

If not, I can find no other way of starting it.

This may change down the road, or maybe you could add to the Feature Requests thread, and request a File Mover that can be used other than right after a Fab conversion.

Up to you.

OC

:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=OCanada;2287095]Go into Common Settings>File Mover.

In File Mover, there is one lonely check box, where you can choose to run file mover after a conversion, or not.

If not, I can find no other way of starting it.

This may change down the road, or maybe you could add to the Feature Requests thread, and request a File Mover that can be used other than right after a Fab conversion.

Up to you.

OC

:)[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm. I’d hoped there was some way to access it directly, particularly since it is being sold as a separate module. I’ve gone ahead and added this to the Requested Features thread. I’m hoping that this is something that is already on Fengtao’s to-do list, but was overlooked or slipped on the priority list in the drive to get version 6 out.

Thanks for your response!

After using this feature a bit, I am somewhat disappointed in that it does not substitute for iTunes as an iPod loader. The program adds the newly ripped and encoded file to the list of available movies in iTunes, but you still need iTunes to upload the movie file to your portable device.

In any case, I bought a lifetime license anyway, as I’m confident that Fengtao will continue to improve this just like they’ve always done with the rest of Fab. I’m looking at it as investing in the future.