How did you spend your Christmas?

vbimport

How did you spend your Christmas? Did you have a nice time? What was the most pleasant to you? :slight_smile:

The most pleasant was the first day of christmas. We stayed home , slept in late and i enjoyed the family time with the wife and daughter. We played games, we relaxed. The most relaxing christmas day i had in decades.

No real Xmas spirit in Australia and lots of rain here too - nice time with the family and the birds around us. A good cigar and watching R.E.D was pleasant… now waiting for NYE and finding out what the new year is up to.

[QUOTE=Mr. Belvedere;2616772]The most pleasant was the first day of christmas. We stayed home , slept in late and i enjoyed the family time with the wife and daughter. We played games, we relaxed. The most relaxing christmas day i had in decades.[/QUOTE]

:smiley: That is really a merry Christmas!

In a drug induced sleep for two days.

[QUOTE=Mr. Belvedere;2616772]The most pleasant was the first day of christmas. We stayed home , slept in late and i enjoyed the family time with the wife and daughter. We played games, we relaxed. The most relaxing christmas day i had in decades.[/QUOTE]

Ditto here :D:D:D:D

Same here Mr B except we all went over to my brother’s house then back home the following morning with my Dad for yesterday and part of today.

So far so good. :bigsmile:

[B]Wombler[/B]

Xmas eve (day), my daughter and her family spent the morning and we made gumbo, ham, and lasagna. Around noon, nrmrsrobs daughter and family came by, and my parents came over. Had 12 people in all for the day. Xmas day, had 12 other people there for the day. It was a little chaotic, but I wouldn’t trade it for anything…

I like turkey so we have it again for Christmas dinner.
I was up around 4:45 AM stuffing the turkey & putting it in the oven. then back to bed till around 9:30 AM .
Started the rest of the food that wasn’t done the day before . Sweet potatoes , cooking giblets for the dressing & preping the rest of the dressing .
Served dinner about 12:15 PM . We like it that way so we’re ready to go again about 7:00 PM .
So a good day two major feeds with snacks in between.
It snowed all day as well.

Spent Christmas Day and Boxing Day with my mum, step-dad and step-brother. :slight_smile:

It was lovely, but although my mum cooks the best Christmas Dinner ever, two three-course meals in as many days (we had one on Boxing Day, as well as Christmas Day! Mum bought plenty of meat y’see) and I felt more stuffed than the turkey! :eek:

I see some major Wii action in my future :eek:

[QUOTE=Arachne;2616834]

I see some major Wii action in my future :eek:[/QUOTE]

We’ll need videos to confirm this you know. :wink:

We had Christmas dinner/get together on the 26th, and I’m still feeling overstuffed myself. Unlike you however, I have no plans for immediate workouts…I’ll just have to be more careful going through narrow doorways till it gets back to golfing weather. :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2616880]We’ll need videos to confirm this you know. :wink:
[/QUOTE]

LOL, now there’s a thought! :bigsmile:

[B]Wombler[/B]

With my daughter…and members of her family: mother, uncle, grandfather and step-grandmother.

[B]In Germany, Christmas Eve[/B] is celebrated with an evening meal usually consisting of a potato salad and wiener-wurstchen sausages.

After dinner, I took Amy for a short walk…it´s around 7 p.m. so of course it´s dark. Our “task” is to try to spot Santa´s sleigh wooshing through the sky, low over the roof tops. We actually caught a glimpse of him 2 years ago when she was still only 6 or 7…she´s 9 now so Santa is becoming much more elusive!

We go back into the house and the presents are shared from under the Christmas tree…including those in a sack that the jolly man dropped off while we were out…as you can see, Amy did quite well.

[B]Christmas day[/B]: The obligatory visit to the grandparents…in a village in a forest about 30km away…nice place actually. Lunch is The Feast: roast goose, potato dumplings and pickled red cabbage, with a couple of New Zealand wines, followed by ice-cream and coffee. Burp!

[B]Boxing day[/B]: We decided to be a bit different this time and have a barbeque outside…sort-of outside. We used the uncle´s workshop…cleared aside drill-presses and motor bikes in various stages of restoration, covered some of the not-so-politically correct posters, and set up a couple of tables. We had a zucchini soup for starters, and an extra good potato salad with lots of steak, lamb and sausages, and penguins made from olives…!

I usually take a friend´s huskies for runs during this period of the year, but one recently died, and one of the two in the attached picture is sick…so, with no snow around it´s not much fun for them at the moment.

In the evening we had a traditional English Christmas pudding…it was the end…we could hardly move :eek:

Great pictures Dean and you talking about food got me and the wife looking up Engllish and German recipes like English Christmas Pudding ,
And I can’t believe how big your daughter is now, she’s growing like a weed.(unbelievable)
Thanks for sharing your christmas

I liked the olive penguins .Look like a lot of work but very cool .

I also liked those chocolate penguins very much .

[QUOTE=sabrinakl;2616997]I also liked those chocolate penguins very much .[/QUOTE]

Actually Cholla spotted it…they were made from olives, some feta cheese and bits of carrot. Yes, it took a while and they would have been a tad nicer if I hadn´t been under pressure with arriving guests…!

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2616880]We’ll need videos to confirm this you know. :wink:

We had Christmas dinner/get together on the 26th, and I’m still feeling overstuffed myself. Unlike you however, I have no plans for immediate workouts…I’ll just have to be more careful going through narrow doorways till it gets back to golfing weather. :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2616917]LOL, now there’s a thought! :bigsmile:

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

Did 2 hours on it yesterday. No pics, so my word will have to do :wink:

@Deano - what great pics, and a lovely one of Amy :smiley:

Did you not have any Stollen this year? We still have one that we forgot to eat. I’ll sneak it home at some point, when no-one’s looking. :bigsmile:

Videos would be so much more fun though Miss Kitty. Think of all the constructive observations and critiques of your technique! :bigsmile: :wink: