How could DVD2one avoid the fact that there are people with bad intentions?

vbimport

I just download it DVD2oneX and it’s a wonderful program, the question is…how could it prevent that unscrupulous people use it the wrong way. Does it encrypt some type of digital water mark where it can keep the information of the person who burnt a disk? If not, it should, so in that way people who is it the wrong way could be tracked down. Does this program does that?

What do you think?

i think most of us just use the “honest indian” method… seems to be working so far :slight_smile:

PEACE

Doggie:

What I think is that you should think of Holy Orders;)

You need to get out more, old boy.

-Pete

A vow of silence used to be a popular Order…!

What exactly would be the “wrong way” to use your own software/computer/burner/media/dvd?
By ‘watermarking’ I think the process refered to is like the one M$ imbeds in anyones Word/Excel document…a unique number based upon the hardware NIC in the host-computer.
I can possibly see why law-enforcement likes stuff like that–but no one is going to use D2O for any sort of improper commercial distribution…they’d choose a more professional-style authoring/imprinting mass-process…

Doggie_Mutant
Maybe you should look into 321studios products, they place a watermark into their customers backups, they also offer a $1000 reward for their customers/forum users to turn one-another in for misuse…

This all comes from a company that ripped off combined copyrighted freeware from the net, and called it their own in their Dvd Copy Plus product. In addition, IMO they ripped off DVD95copy’s program algorithm, which is now their Xpress product… Honesty and Integrety… BullS#@%
This type of hypocrisy burns my ass!

The truth lies in these type of programs and users!

Yep, gotta agree 100% with that last post. :bigsmile:

:rolleyes:
No way should d2one embedd any kind of trackingsystem or watermarks of any kind - we have enough big brothers watching us allready. All this surveilencecrap is getting so horrible you can hardly breath nowadays. People that want to break any laws will allways find ways, allways has - the only ones getting hurt by this and all the other kind of BS’s are the ordinary users/people.

In my country they are about to make a new law that allows the police to monitor everything people do on their personal computers using spyware and similar hackingtools - without even a courtorder or any reason for suspecion or anything. Imagine the posibilities and consenquenses.

What happened to privacy ?
What happened to innocent untill proven guilty ?

Its sickening.

Originally posted by dvr105
:rolleyes:
No way should d2one embedd any kind of trackingsystem or watermarks of any kind - we have enough big brothers watching us allready. All this surveilencecrap is getting so horrible you can hardly breath nowadays. People that want to break any laws will allways find ways, allways has - the only ones getting hurt by this and all the other kind of BS’s are the ordinary users/people.
In my country they are about to make a new law that allows the police to monitor everything people do on their personal computers using spyware and similar hackingtools - without even a courtorder or any reason for suspecion or anything. Imagine the posibilities and consenquenses.
What happened to privacy ?
What happened to innocent untill proven guilty ?

Agreed…and you don’t know the ‘half of it’.
Privacy was never a ‘right’, per se. And as for presumed innocence–proving guilt re: ‘ordinary people’ (otherwise protected by Probable Cause) is what all these legal changes are about. In the US, nearly 1/2 of all Federal cases are based on specious ‘stings’ directed at defendants with few targeted having a history of the offense before agent/informant involvement. Makes fine headlines for Asst. DA’s ‘making their bones’, and are easy/safe busts for agents.
The average American would freak if reading a random shelf of FedSuppII at their law library. It all seems to be about filling new fed prisons, and in keeping the public suspicious of their peers and convinced the ‘system’ is working well.
In short order, the industry will direct those machinations to ‘internet theft’ and copyright stuff–and lots of us who think our basic good-character ‘protects us’ will learn otherwise…these are Kafkaesque times. But don’t “stand under the hammer” whilst protesting.
A people generally get the sort of governance they deserve…I believe that true. If we want basic privacy–we must demand it while we still can. Of software, of vendors, and certainly of our officials/lawmakers. Fear of terrorism is a powerful new tool.
So–what’s your country? Can you spell c-o-n-d-o-r?

sure can - as well as “1984” or how about “Brazil” :frowning:

dvr105, you pretty much hit the nail on the head.

People don’t just suddenly lose all of their rights at once, they gladly give them away one by one in the name of a greater good. Then one day, when they finally come out of their haze, they wonder how in the hell they’ve become so oppressed.

DVD2ONE is a backup tool which compresses your origional dvd9 discs to fit on a dvd5 for the sole purpose to preserve the original discs.

What can they do to stop this ??? ---- Nothing ----
Look at Nero for instance it’s their to create custom made cd’s/dvd’s and copies of custom made cd’s/dvd’s.

But about 99% of all things written by Nero is either a copyrighted cd/dvd , this wasn’t aheads intention but the mere fact that people are able to do this can’t be blamed on the application IMO.

It’s up to the people to see what they do with a certain application.As an application can’t acknowledge if it’s going to write/compress/process a copyrighted material.So IMO you can’t even think about blaming the application or even its authors.

The end user is 100% responsible for his actions, simple as that.

DVD2one is a tool which processes VOB data. For example people who author their own DV-tapes into a DVD but want to process the end result afterwards instead of before.

Or for people who want to make backups of their precious discs just in case the kids used them as a toy.

That you can make backups with it, and sell them to your friends is an advantage for some people, but WE are not responsible for any of that action!

Originally posted by ReneB
The end user is 100% responsible for his actions, simple as that.

Just so. DVD2One is a tool and like any other tool can be used for legal or illegal purposes.

A carving knife can be used to carve the Sunday roast or can be used to stab someone. Neither the manufacturer nor the retailer of the carving knife is responsible for the latter usage.