How copy Safedisc 3 with Plextor Premium?

I bought yesterday the game Max Payne2 (3 cd’s). I tryed to copy with Blindwrite 5, no succes…

I also tryed with Liteon 52x and alcohol (safedisc 2 method), also no succes…

Can anybody help me with make a 1 to 1 copy…

Greetings,

Alabres

try using safedisk not safedisk 2 settings for that title in alc120

use your liteon your plex is not a 2 sheep burner…liteon should work. try the backup in the same drive as you backed it up in.

if not go buy clonecd or bw they will both back it up.

Isn’t Max Payne 2 securom not safedisc? :wink: :slight_smile:

Originally posted by philamber

I believe here in the states is sd3.10.020 well thats what i heard not sure dont have it…

Originally posted by philamber

[ot] phil you got to check out the new lotr return of the king game for the pc just came out here in the states i got it today so sweet! its like being in the movie…and from the movie scenes in the game it looks like movie of the year!

Im gonna get the xbox version next because of the dvd scenes on it![/ot]

Originally posted by Jamos
[ot] phil you got to check out the new lotr return of the king game for the pc just came out here in the states i got it today so sweet[/ot]

[Still o/t] Hmm, if we’re lucky it’ll turn up downunder in about 6 weeks. :frowning: ]

ya LOTR:Return of the King is awesome Jamos.
i got the PC version aswell but gonna grab the Xbox version next.
Xbox version probably be better to play anyways just because the controller is better.
PC version still pretty sweet.

Originally posted by Accel7
ya LOTR:Return of the King is awesome Jamos.
i got the PC version aswell but gonna grab the Xbox version next.
Xbox version probably be better to play anyways just because the controller is better.
PC version still pretty sweet.

Off Topic:

what…did you say something??? sorry i was staring at your avatar…oh ya right lord of the rings…:stuck_out_tongue:

like that eh. heehee

I believe here in the states is sd3.10.020 well thats what i heard not sure dont have it
Well that is not right it is SecuRom 4.85.07.0022, this ought to put this thread back on topic

Originally posted by kamikazee
Well that is not right it is SecuRom 4.85.07.0022, this ought to put this thread back on topic

what you say somehting…sorry stop staring stop staring…ok im back!

yes if its securerom then you need to use BW5 and autoplay…you are not going to get a 1:1 copy with that drive.

You can get a good copy with your Lite-On if you make MDS with Alcohol and convert to BWA, then use Blindwrite (I’m using 4.2.5 still) to burn with. I’ve used that process for a number of games and it works in every drive I’ve tried with no emulation or autoplay. I can’t get a good BWA using the Builder so that’s why I make MDS and convert. I can also read and write at full speed with my 48x Lite-On.

Jamos,

I can’t understand what the differents will be with using Alcohol “Safedisc” method instead of “safedis2” ??

As for I just checked, no visible changements were made with Alcohol !!

B.t.w. I also tryed BW5 (automatic applyed viarec method with no succes…).

Originally posted by ALABRES
[B]Jamos,

I can’t understand what the differents will be with using Alcohol “Safedisc” method instead of “safedis2” ??

As for I just checked, no visible changements were made with Alcohol !!

B.t.w. I also tryed BW5 (automatic applyed viarec method with no succes…). [/B]

I thought safedisk doesnt enhance weak sectors…but you shouldnt be using safedisk as we are trying to tell you the protection is SECUREROM 4.8x…

Sorry Jamos,

But because my Plextor Premium wasn’t able to copy the 3th cd of May Payne, I asumed that the “new” protection Safedisc 3 was used.

Still I can’t understand why my Plextor Premium can’t cope with the securom protection.

Can you please advise me?

as i understand securerom 4.85 is kinda hard to backup, you’ll need to use autoplay if you want a backup

Originally posted by genjai
as i understand securerom 4.85 is kinda hard to backup, you’ll need to use autoplay if you want a backup

To re-iterate… Autoplay is needed only when the copy is played in a burner/writer/cdrw (whatever you want to call it) You will not need autoplay when using the copy in a cd-rom.

The plextor premium has no problems copying securom and i personally have made a copy of max payne 2. I used the automatic setting in bw and it worked perfectly but if you are struggling, download the tweaker and manually adjust the settings. Lower the read speed, and of the topology. select plexter premium, add autoply tag and you should be set to go. make sure you start bw throught the tweaker.

When playing it use a cd-rom as the autoplay doesn’t seem to work (for me anyway) to get around this d/l the stand-alone version and try that way. Please try in a cd-rom drive first though just to mkae sure the game works and then you will know it’s an autoplay problem.

I need a info about Max Payne 2!
Is the US version based only on 2 CD instead of the 3 of the european version?

Is the US version based only on 2 CD instead of the 3 of the european version?
Mine is yes, US version only has 2 disks.

as i know the european version has 3 cd’s because they need many to support more langues (french, english, german etc…)