How copy Heroes IV?

vbimport

How to copy Heroes IV? What is its protection and what settings exactly I need for reading and burning it?

I tried many things, nothing worked yet.

Have you read this:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?threadid=41618

I bought homm4 together with my brother.
So he needed a copy.
I have a Mitsumi 4808, he has a Philips 804.
We both copied it with clonecd 3341 and clonyxxl 2004.
We couldnt get both copies to work :confused:
i am still annoyed that we can’t make a copy that does what the original does.
I am not an expert. But i would also like to know how i can make a working copy of homm4. (which uses SD2; don’t know which version)

Edit:

NO cracks allowed on this forum, please respect our rules.

Originally posted by delete
But i would also like to know how i can make a working copy of homm4. (which uses SD2; don’t know which version)

A very easy way to do this is to use CloneCD with the nice freeware utility Daemon Tools (www.daemontools.net), and using the “fastdump” feature of the software. Info on how to do this is on their site.

Originally posted by ret888eer
[B]How to copy Heroes IV? What is its protection and what settings exactly I need for reading and burning it?

I tried many things, nothing worked yet. [/B]

• You will find a fairly comprehensive guide in the Settings Sticky, for SafeDisc 2, as Tax has pointed out[]Update to the latest version of CloneCD v3 or the public beta v4[]If your writer is not listed at elby.org as a “can write correct EFM encoding of regular bit patterns” then you will need to use the ‘amplify weak sectors’ feature of CloneCD - in v4 this is automatic![*]you should also read the down& dirty sticky to setup for success

If some1 would like to know :
Homm IV comes with SD2 version 2.51.021

I finally got a nice working copy without having to use any tricks.
I burned homm IV on my Mitsumi 4808 with clonecd 4 beta 14.
I forgot to use ClonyXXL5 btw :slight_smile:
But it worked ! I’m going to try it on a philips 804 too.
If it works i’ll post it here.
I tried CDmate (2238 & 2248) but they both started to report a lot of damaged sectors. After 10 minutes i had seen enough.
I stopped the operation. I was a bit dissapointed since i really like the program. Nice interface i think. I will definitly keep it on my HD.
Used the Safedisc 2 setting btw.
Anyway try clonecd 4 beta 14, i would say. Can’t hurt to try.
Oh and homm4 really rocks :slight_smile:

Thanks for all the replies.

I bought a LG 8320 before I read that my old burner Plextor 24… can handle Safedisc 2.5 when using CloneCD 4 Beta.

Nevertheless I will keep my new burner I think and sell Plextor.

The game is great, but many things changed since version 3 so I need to find some things out.

I’m going to try it on a philips 804 too.
If it works i’ll post it here.

Did exactly the same procedure on the Philips 804.
It doesn’t work :frowning:
Don’t know why.

Another weird thing… i also tried another copy using ClonyXXL 2005 on my mitsumi. The copy doesn’t work ! If i don’t use clonyXXL it does work :confused:

[B]

Did exactly the same procedure on the Philips 804.
It doesn’t work :frowning:
Don’t know why.[/B]
This is explained in the sticky posts
Another weird thing… i also tried another copy using ClonyXXL 2005 on my mitsumi. The copy doesn’t work ! If i don’t use clonyXXL it does work :confused:
ClonyXXL or whatever version you use does not always pass the correct settings to CLone nor does it come up with the right ones. It’s good at identifying the prot half the time.

Use the latest v4 and just highlight the game profile - all will be well.