How come the sony protection isn't on every dvd?

I’m using AnyDVD 4.5.7.2 and I am worried that there is going to be a protection that cannot be bypassed. Could somebody please answer these questions?

1. How long after the DVD is released does the Slysoft team crack the protection?

2. Why isn’t the new Sony protection on every dvd that is coming out?

3. When is new protection coming out in the US?

4. Does DVD Decrypter crack all the protection that AnyDVD cracks? If so, why don’t they say in their update history that the program can now crack certain protections?

5. What determines when a new protection is going to be released onto future DVDs?

6. Will there ever be an uncrackable protection?

1. How long after the DVD is released does the Slysoft team crack the protection?

sometimes a few hours sometimes a day or two.

1. Why isn’t the new Sony protection on every dvd that is coming out?

because sony isnt givng it away for free and most DVD publishers either dont want to pay for it or they see it not really to effective.

1. When is new protection coming out in the US?

who knows? the simple fact is what protections that can be used are rather limited. and the simple fact is if man can make it then someone else can break it.

1. What determines when a new protection is going to be released onto future DVDs?

salesmanship, ie; when some salesman can convince a movie studio that his protection scheme is unbreakable. ( and apparently movie studio folks are quite gulliable they fall for that "unbreakable line all the time)

1. Will there ever be an uncrackable protection?

no, but saying that one also has to realize that while anything can be cracked the degree of difficulty and the effort required can in fact render some things “uncrackable” for average users.

Don’t worry, be happy.
The good guys all over the world have not disappointed us so far.
We will all cross the “protection bridge” when we get there.
If I recall, Sony ARcoSS was handled in one day, some claim 10 minutes :wink:

Thanks for your response. I just realized that I messed up on the numbering. What about the questions about DVD Decrypter? Anybody have the answers?

Let me quote myself:

Don’t worry, be happy.
The good guys all over the world have not disappointed us so far.
We will all cross the “protection bridge” when we get there.

Do you NOW have specific problem? Why do you worry about what is written in changelog?

I’d like to know if DVD Decyrpter cracks and releases the protection as fast as Slysoft does. I’m looking to save money. Even if I have to spend about 20 more minutes decrypting a DVD with DVD Decrypter, it’s free. I would chose free over 40 dollars, even if it does cost me time.

1. Does DVD Decrypter crack all the protection that AnyDVD cracks? If so, why don’t they say in their update history that the program can now crack certain protections?

What about the questions about DVD Decrypter? Anybody have the answers?

I’d like to know if DVD Decyrpter cracks and releases the protection as fast as Slysoft does. I’m looking to save money. Even if I have to spend about 20 more minutes decrypting a DVD with DVD Decrypter, it’s free. I would chose free over 40 dollars, even if it does cost me time

I’m not sure if you noticed or not but this is AnyDVD forum.

How about you goto DVD Decrypter website! ! I’m sure they have the answer for that software

@toasters
How many bloody times do I have to repeat myself “don’t worry, be happy”

Here is the logic:

DO YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS NOW, I repeat,
DO YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS NOW?

Answer, NO, NO, NO, NO X 10000 times !!!

So, use DVD Decrypter until it is no longer working for you, then you look for something else.

BTW, many posters here prefer paid programs for speed and/or support, and/or user interface and/or because they like the program, so paid program is a solution, if it makes you less worried, by all means, purchase one.

And again:
WHAT PROBLEMS DO YOU HAVE NOW?

From what I have seen DVD Decrypter can defeat the same things that AnyDVD can and the author of Decrypter appears to react to new types of protection very quickly.

I use CloneDVD2 and AnyDVD because they are excellent programs and they are fast. I also keep in mind that it is the guys who make their living from their software that have the most incentive to see to it that their products works regardless of what new protections come along.

For what Slysoft charge for their programmes has got to be one of the biggest bargains of all time (Please don’t up the price!) What super pieces of software.

Any DVD and clone DVD have never let me down, and I have never found a sofware company so helpful and interested in keeping their customers happy. Well done Slysoft and thanks Olly for all your help on this forum.

I am happy!

One thing I find annoying is the ammount of times that people insist on using other software and post about it in this, the Any DVD forum. Use what you like, free or not, I’m sure Decrypter works fine, but please use your own forums!

I choose NOT to go into detail about what the program can/can’t cope with.

If I mention the structure protection code has been updated, it probably means it can do everything currently available. The code I add/change isn’t specifically targeted towards any one title, so why mention any?

The moment you start to mention specific titles, if you forget to include a certain one, people could assume it can’t cope and won’t even bother trying.

The problem for us developers is that most users don’t know the difference between a protected disc and one that their drive just can’t read. That’s why it’s important to not just ‘give up’ and assume the program can’t hack it, but instead to ask for assistance - having searched the forums for other related posts of course!!!

Is this the AnyDVD forum or DVD Decrypter, I’m confused, because I see alot of questions and answers here about DVD Decrypter …

Is this the AnyDVD forum or DVD Decrypter, I’m confused, because I see alot of questions and answers here about DVD Decrypter …

Hamp,

…Do not attempt to adjust your monitor we have taken control of your forum you have entered the…outer limits. :bigsmile:

If someone asks a question relating to my program, I’ll answer it.

I’m sorry if you have a problem with that.

The slysoft team are welcome to join my forum and answer all the AnyDVD related questions if they like. Infact, they’d be doing me a favour!

I really don’t wan’t to start a flaming match as that is pointless. Why don’t we ask admin to combine all the forums and then we can have really good confusion!

As you said yourself, “The problem for us developers is that most users don’t know the difference between a protected disc and one that their drive just can’t read”. So can we keep it simple, I’m sure it would help those people you are talking about.

I really don’t wan’t to start a flaming match as that is pointless. Why don’t we ask admin to combine all the forums and then we can have really good confusion!

As you said yourself, “The problem for us developers is that most users don’t know the difference between a protected disc and one that their drive just can’t read”. So can we keep it simple, I’m sure it would help those people you are talking about. :slight_smile:

@ LIGHTNING UK!

No, I don’t have a problem with you answering questions, actually I don’t have a problem at all

Just being Sarcastic

Now if someone could tell me the HorsePower of the 2005 Corvette?

BTW
Fom what I have read DVD Decrypter is a excellent program

Same here, twice!

I really don’t think that it is a big deal if I asked a couple questions about DVD Decrypter. If you guys can’t handle it or if I’m upsetting you in any way, just don’t bother reading this thread any longer.

Now if someone could tell me the HorsePower of the 2005 Corvette?

400 H.P unless you specify you want one in Pink then it is only 125 H.P.