How can I use Mt Rainier?

I try to copy and paste on the cd-rw, but I can’t. Do I have to install a program? I have winXP home and Plextor Premium. Do I have to format a cd-rw first? With what program? Thank you!

You will have to use a program that will first format your cd and then help you use it as if it were a floppy disk drive.

Nero’s INCD or Roxio EZCD can help you with this.

Be aware that both programs have had some issues on certain computer systems (and that’s typing it very politely) , so i suggest making a backup of your system disk(s) before installing them.

Thanks Mr. Belvedere, I thought with Mt Rainer there is no need of a program.
A so simple program can cause system problems??

Originally posted by hariskar
Thanks Mr. Belvedere, I thought with Mt Rainer there is no need of a program.
A so simple program can cause system problems??

Well… the technology itself shouldn’t have to use any program , but it has not been implemented in the operating systems or hardware so far.

However , i’m not really sure about where Mount Rainier is going to lead… It has been introduced as a thing better than sliced bread , but has horribly failed to meet expectations.

The programs INCD and EZCD have been known to be highly unstable , even when there is no other writing software installed.

So be careful.

My personal opinion is that it will become obsolete technology very fast if it’s not been implemented in , at least , the operating systems. Before you know it , you can write almost any cd using a simple writing program such as Nero or Roxio’s Easy Cd Creator. And who needs to write his cd’s differently then ?

Mount Rainier Tutorial ( courtesy of KennyC )

:smiley: