First of all, thanks for answering me back. I was away for the week end…
As a newbie… you are going to laugh… you are so right and didn’t formatted it. I just got the answer from the guys i bought it from…
Just in case, someone is like me… here i leave the steps i followed.
Before the very 1st use of your unit, you need to ensure that you format it.
Here are the steps to format:
- ensure you have plug both power adaptor and the USB cable
- Switch on the unit
- go to my computer icon on your desktop
- right click on the icon, go to manage, go to disk management
- You should see disk 0, disk 1 and cr rom on the right side
(disk o is your current harddisk storage, DO NOT FORMAT that. Disk 1 would be your new harddisk (if you are currently have 1 hdd only))
- there should be a red sign and it said unallocated, right click on the disk 1* and go to initialize
- then right click on the unallocated side and click partition
- click next twice until the unit started the format.