How can I splitt a movie using clone dvd

I’m using the new Clondvd, and i’m not sure how to splitt a dvd into two and record one dvd into two dvd+r discs. Is it by cutting chapters? can someone show me how to to do it?

Originally posted by najjibb12

I’m using the new Clondvd, and i’m not sure how to splitt a dvd into two and record one dvd into two dvd+r discs. Is it by cutting chapters? can someone show me how to to do it?

Originally posted by Olli

…splitting is not so obvious in the UI yet.
To split with CloneDVD2, you’ll need to make two independent copies, one with the first disc contents selected, one with the second. This can be different titles and different parts of titles, e.g.: Disc 1 First part of main movie, disc 2 second part of main movie plus extras. (Yes, this works with menus as well, CloneDVD will jump to the second half of the movie, even if a non-existant chapter of the first disc is selected. Cool! Armin rulez! :slight_smile: )
CloneDVD2 gives you ultimate freedom in selection what goes where, but this is probably not so well “for beginners”.

Splitting wasn’t designed with “Beginners” in mind, maybe it is easier to try a single disc copy with CloneDVD2, the picture quality is much better than CloneDVD 1.