How can I play DVD-A in my car?

vbimport

I have a 2008 Volkswagen Jetta with the 6-disc CD changer. I’m assuming this will not play DVD-A.

I am wondering if anybody knows a way I can play DVD-A in my car without having to put a different head unit in it.

I have some 24 bit, 88.2kHz and 44.1kHz tracks that I want to burn as a DVD-A. I’m wondering how I can play it back in my car at full resolution. I know my DVD players that I have at home can do it, but I’d like to be able to take my DVD-A’s on the road with me, preferably store them digitally on some type of music player.

I do have an AUX cable into my stereo if there’s a way to attach an external player.

Thanks.

[QUOTE=hogger129;2681376]I have a 2008 Volkswagen Jetta with the 6-disc CD changer. I’m assuming this will not play DVD-A.[/quote] Indeed it will not. A DVD usually contains 4.7GB of data. A cd-rom only 0.7GB

I am wondering if anybody knows a way I can play DVD-A in my car without having to put a different head unit in it.
Not

I have some 24 bit, 88.2kHz and 44.1kHz tracks that I want to burn as a DVD-A. I’m wondering how I can play it back in my car at full resolution. I know my DVD players that I have at home can do it, but I’d like to be able to take my DVD-A’s on the road with me, preferably store them digitally on some type of music player.
You could write them to cd-audio (maximum is 44.1kHz there) or burn them as mp3s on a data cd, if your setup can handle that.

I think you will need a car DVD player . I had one but it failed after about a year.
I went back to just a CD player with USB port. I’m very satisfied with this.
It’s hard to recommend any specific unit . I found the specs on most kind of limited on what they would play . So any of these might reduce the resolution.
The same for audio.
I found I actually didn’t like a DVD playing when I am driving. At night the screen was still on & blue . There was some dimming capability but not enough.

I have a Sony MEX-DV2200 head unit in my vehicle.

It plays anything, DVD-A, SACD…

it even has a video-out jack:)

Well someday I may have to look that Sony up and see if it’s anything like their old Car ES gear was. I have had several multi format players now my latest is a Denon 757 that can play about any audio disk format out. The Oppos mostly do it all too but can get pretty spendy.
I got my Denon from Circuit city as a demo dirt cheap, my fist one was a Pioneer 563a that also worked pretty well. I like being able to play anything I find, plus the properly mixed and recorded high res stuff does sound awesome.

Allegedly it plays DL DVD discs, but as I’ve never actually had a
single DVD+R/DL disc to burn…

I play mostly mp3-DVD+R discs in it.