How can I make a very professional looking website?

vbimport

I just want to know how do I make a very professional website. By professional I mean a very fluid website , where the tabs pop-up if I put my mouse over them. Objects bounce once I click them.

I want to make a website where I can post articles of news and opinion I write, but to make the website look more interesting than any other website of its type I want a very proper look and feel to it.

I have some experience with Flash , some C++ , PS ,and html. I was hoping someone could just give me some advice that would help me get started.

: )

Hi and Welcome!

wouldn’t be a forum dedicated to webdesign be a better place for this question? :confused:

Since you already know some html, do some reading about CSS. I am sure there are many good tutorials. Then start building your “first website” for training and improve your skills and capabilities.

Perhaps a book “webdesign for beginners” would be a good way to start with.

Michael

You will need practice, practice, practice and a good eye for design. :cool:

[QUOTE=Whappo;2541448]You will need practice, practice, practice and a good eye for design. :cool:[/QUOTE]

For instance: Take a look at this gem. If you would like to know what contractors these guys have, take a look at their blog.

@mciahel uhh … hehe … well since I am here anyway : P

I really appericate the book recomendation. I was thinking of using book resources and now I think I shall. Thank of you.

@Mr. Belvedere WOW! I really like some of the elements of the site.

Yes i’ll need practice practice and more practice

Thanks everyone for the reply.
I am going to set the question to resolved and post another one when I have more questions : P ( i’ll probably have a billion )

@Mr. Belvedere WOW! I really like some of the elements of the site.
The director of 2advanced is considered one of the top 20 website designers in the world.

Yes i’ll need practice practice and more practice
You know that song of Brian Adams, Summer of '69? There’s a sentence in there “Got my first guitar. Played until my fingers bled”. There is an absolute truth in that. Keep it up!

I found it very helpful when I was first learning how to build web apps/sites to look at all of the “popular” sites in the same genre as the one I was building and try to incorporate the best parts of each of them.

I also used a WYSIWYG editor in the beginning to figure out what code did what. Once I got a handle on that aspect it wasn’t too difficult to write my own code.