How can I identify a cdr with autoplay on it?

…without turning it off with blindwrite installed? Or even how to extract the bwa info from such a cd??

Also, do I now have to restart the machine when I turn this option off ('cos there nothing obvious running in the background apart from the vso driver of course) ??

Cheers!

Autoplay is identified by a file called autorun.inf in the root of the cd. If you turn it off using tweakui from microsoft then you don’t have to reboot.

-Scott

I think he mean the Autoplay feature of Blindwrite and not the Windows Autoplay

If you want to check if the cd has autoplay support on it, use a sector viewer (for example : ClonyXXL’s “special” function) and look at sector number 1 of the disc.
If the text “BLINDWRITE PATCH” is displayed, then there’s autoplay support. The text can be followed by what appears to be garbage but in fact is the bwa file data.
I do not know if the info is stored on the cd like in the bwa file, and if you can simply copy/paste the bytes in a file.

thanx gowap, i’ll give it a go…

gowap it is not enought…
blindwrite patch means at least there is the signature, but you have different level of support.
you can have the bwa embedded or not, just use the atip etc… .

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think that :

• just “Blindwrite Patch” means hide atip
  • “blindwrite patch” + binary data = hide atip + bwa embeded
    (something I already said in my previous post)

But in any case, the “blindwrite patch” indicates that there is autoplay support on the cd, and that’s what ProfessorX asked for.

yes, but I just wanted to outline there is different level of autoplay.

autoplay just for the hide atip may be useless
autoplay with bwa… really require autoplay filter.

I was thinking only for the bwa
the hide atip could either be separate again or left to deamon tools or the like as it shouldn’t affect the bwa filter (or should it???)

no hide atip and bwa are not the same. there is no problem to use another hide atip software I think…
daemon tools should support the bwa file emulation too, I didn’t check myself.

Originally posted by lapinou
no hide atip and bwa are not the same. there is no problem to use another hide atip software I think…
daemon tools should support the bwa file emulation too, I didn’t check myself.

my autoplayed burn of ut2003 worx with ccd’s hide cdr media on or of, in other words there doesnt appear to be a atip check in securom. it’d be great if u did this:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?threadid=60320&pagenumber=2
(read my post on that thread)

that way we wont need clonecd anymore :slight_smile:

as for dt, well cant test that either, coz i dont got it installed :stuck_out_tongue: