How can i get a ps2 game soundtrack extracted into my pc and than burned on a cd-r?

Norm, you have to use the decode program in your DOS window. It won’t activate from the RUN command line. Copy the desired music tracks from the PS2 game, like GTA: Vice City’s radio stations, into a selected folder with the decode.exe program. Open the DOS window and cd (change directory) to the folder containing the files. Now just type decode <file name> and away you go. It’s easy.

Just to let you know Xenosaga is a dual layer dvd. About 8+ gig in size.

Their are Xenosaga.21 and so on files on layer 2. Which contain movie files as well.

I hope this is the right thread but does anyone know where i can get a clean copy (no viruses adware spyware none of that crap) of cube media player id like to try to rip the soundtrack from the ps2 games’ true crime streets of LA and NY city I tried opening the DATA.PAK file in MF audio but all I got was static and data noise can someone give me a link to it, id put my email in here but i dont want spam bots getting it b/c i get enough junk mail is there any way to put it in here qwithout the spam bots being able to get it like maybe putting it in as all words and no @ symbols

[QUOTE=phaota;602081]Got a problem, Kaybing27. Kchat and VCPR.vb files do not decode properly even if I follow the directions on the website. They won’t play after conversion. If decoded normally, they are really high pitched and fast playing. Have any idea how to fix this situation? I want to add them to my burned CDs. As for all the radio stations, they converted perfectly. I now have two CDs full of uncut music and DJ humor in MP3 form. Why two discs? Because all the MP3 tracks wouldn’t fit on one CD. Bummer. So I put four stations on one disc, three on another. Of course, when BlueRay burners become the norm, this won’t be a problem.

BTW, you don’t happen to know of a program like decode.exe that will convert .vpp, .wad and .irx PS2 game files do you? I’d like to rip the music off some other games, but these formats I am not familiar with. Any help would be greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Phaota use this command line code to set the correct speed in the KCHAT and VCPR stations

decode -r 16000 KCHAT For the K-Chat station
decode -r 16000 VCPR For Vice City public radio (VCPR)

the VCPR and KCHAT stations are recorded at 16,000 hz (16khz) thats why you were having trouble decoding these two

hope this helps
:clap:

[QUOTE=phaota;602081]Got a problem, Kaybing27. Kchat and VCPR.vb files do not decode properly even if I follow the directions on the website. They won’t play after conversion. If decoded normally, they are really high pitched and fast playing. Have any idea how to fix this situation? I want to add them to my burned CDs. As for all the radio stations, they converted perfectly. I now have two CDs full of uncut music and DJ humor in MP3 form. Why two discs? Because all the MP3 tracks wouldn’t fit on one CD. Bummer. So I put four stations on one disc, three on another. Of course, when BlueRay burners become the norm, this won’t be a problem.

BTW, you don’t happen to know of a program like decode.exe that will convert .vpp, .wad and .irx PS2 game files do you? I’d like to rip the music off some other games, but these formats I am not familiar with. Any help would be greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Another way to copy these 2 stations is to use MFAudio set the frequency at 16000 interleave at 2000 bytes and then hit play and it should work then go to file format WAVE microsoft RIFF uncompressed PCM then go to save as and then pic a folder on your HD and give the file a name VCPR.WAV or KCHAT.WAV and then hit save and then hit process on MFAudio and let it do its thing. I used the decode program to convert the vice city stations to wav and then i used the dbpoweramp converter to make the wavs into mp3s

[B][I]@coondogtheman:[/I][/B] please note that this is a three and a half year old thread, so probably you won’t get an answer to your original question. Also your advice to [B]phaota[/B] may not be noticed since he/she has not been active for the same length of time.

you can play the dvd and record the audio using audacity, then create an MP3 file.
Izzy