How Can I Find Out Which Version of Nero I Have?

vbimport

Hi everyone

Can anyone help me please and explain to me how I can find out what version of nero I’m using please and to find out if it’s a legal copy or not.
I don’t have the discs or anything for it and from another post that I’ve made I think that it is not a proper version but I don’t know how to find out.

I would very much appreciate a quick response as I am waiting to install nero 6, a proper version, as people on cdfreaks recommend this as a good version for me to buy.

Many thanks.

I don’t know whether this is what I’m looking for but if it is then it seems I’ve got different versions of everything!

Nero vision 5.3.9.0
Nero showtime 4
Nero startsmart - don’t know about that one?

But when I check in all programs it comes up with nero 8???

Help anyone please?

The different elements that make up a full version of ‘Nero’ can have different internal version numbers.

TBH whether it’s legal or not maybe depends on how you got it: perhaps bundled with a burner?

Download and run Belarc Advisor. It will answer your question and many others.

[QUOTE=imkidd57;2159453]The different elements that make up a full version of ‘Nero’ can have different internal version numbers.

TBH whether it’s legal or not maybe depends on how you got it: perhaps bundled with a burner?[/QUOTE]

It’s a brand new computer but my ‘friend’ installed it for me?

[QUOTE=jeff53404;2159455]Download and run Belarc Advisor. It will answer your question and many others.

Sorry about this jeff53404 but which one do I download - the recommended download or the download now?

Sorry to sound like a complete plank!

Belarc Advisor 7.2.24.6 (download now) but you need to be careful with some of the sites as they try to get you to download other stuff.

Thank you I’m downloading it now from the link that you gave me.

[QUOTE=jeff53404;2159466]Belarc Advisor 7.2.24.6 (download now) but you need to be careful with some of the sites as they try to get you to download other stuff.[/QUOTE]

So why not go direct?

http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

Now I’m confused where do I look and what should I be looking for?

What I mean is will this tell me if my version/s are legal or not?

Nothing anyone is doing will tell you if the version you have is legal. If you have the original discs and they came with the hardware (and no other copies were made), it’s legal. Absent that, I don’t think there is any way to tell if it’s legal.

Soulsurvivor is correct as it’s best to get it from the site directly. I was in a rush, quick used Google and used the first link. However, the link I gave you is valid and if you started, finish it.

The graphic shows some of the differences in various suites regardless what version you have. Important to note that none of the OEM’s have Nero Burning ROM which is what most users want. That program usually requires a puchase of the full retail version.

Update: I added the Belarc screenshot that shows the versions installed but not the source.

No problem I’m just grateful for any advice at all.

I’ve got nothing that looks like your image though. I’ve got a list of about 18 different nero name/titles with just the versions after them.

Does this sound like I have a legal version after all?

Hi,[quote=jeff53404;2159474]The graphic shows some of the differences in various suites regardless what version you have. Important to note that none of the OEM’s have Nero Burning ROM which is what most users want. That program usually requires a puchase of the full retail version.[/quote]Not always. My Philips DVDR-1660P came with a Nero 6.6 OEM version that included Nero Burning ROM. This OEM version could not be used with other drives.

Apart from that, I personally prefer Nero Express (for the quick-n-dirty burns) and Imgburn for more advanced tasks. After having discovered the nice features of ImgBurn, I really regret the purchase of my Nero retail version (“Nero 6 reloaded” here in Germany).

Michael

Not always. My Philips DVDR-1660P came with a Nero 6.6 OEM version that included Nero Burning ROM.

I stand corrected but I wonder if that’s due to a European Version as I’ve never seen that in the U.S. Regardless, it’s good to have accurate info.

[quote=beachbabe;2159477]Does this sound like I have a legal version after all?[/quote]Not necessarily.
You can consider your version as legit, if you have the original installation disc including the serial.
There is also the option to buy the serial online, but I think, you would know if you bought a Nero license key from Nero.com (especially since the download is much more expensive than a copy bought from Amazon or a local store)

Michael

Hi,[quote=jeff53404;2159480]I stand corrected but I wonder if that’s due to a European Version as I’ve never seen that in the U.S. Regardless, it good to have accurate info.[/quote]I heard similar with retail Sony drives, but admitted, I do not know if this is a european special either.
Interesting detail: The european (at least the german) retail version of Nero 6 supports Labelflash out-of-the box. Nero Ultra, which was sold in the US, does not. :wink:

Michael

Hi mciahel

I don’t have the original discs no and when I go to play nero vision (2) (version 5.3.9.0 and nero showtime 4??? it comes up with a patent activation every time and when I close out of it it carries on playing the video.

The first time this happened I pressed something to do it over the internet and it came back saying that I was using a pirated version but I could upgrade or something on line???

Hi,[quote=beachbabe;2159487]
I don’t have the original discs no[/quote]Then it is unlikely your version is legit. Sorry to say that.

and when I go to play nero vision (2) (version 5.3.9.0 and nero showtime 4??? it comes up with a patent activation every time and when I close out of it it carries on playing the video.
See Nero FAQ: http://www.nero.com/eng/support-faq.html?s=sub&t=Patent%20Activation

The first time this happened I pressed something to do it over the internet and it came back saying that I was using a pirated version
So there is no need to ask again, whether your version is legit. It is not. Period.
but I could upgrade or something on line???
They offered you to “legalize” and buy a license key on nero.com
Boxed version from Amazon or brick-n-mortar store is often much cheaper.

Michael

Thanks Michael and everyone else for your help and advice. I’ve uninstalled nero and just installed a legal nero 6 (as someone kindly suggested this was a good version to buy) so hopefully everything should be ok now.

Once again many thanks.

:slight_smile: