How can I extract WAV files from a Disc Image

vbimport

I've purchased two new audio CDs and I wanted to make MP3s for my own personal use on my portable MP3 player. I used CDClone to copy the disc images, since only shortcuts shows when I attempt to open disc1 on my machine, and no WAV files shows on disc2. But....both will play with Windows MediaPlayer.

When I attempt to open either with Undisk or WinImage, it doesn't work.

Undisk states, "Can't read file C:\Windows\Temp\image.img. Invalid Image Format.

WinImage states, "Error reading file C:\Windows\Temp\image.img."

I ran Copy Protection Detection 0.6, and both disks show as clean. I also tried making the CD Images with DiscJuggler, and it didn't work either when I tried to open the Disc Image.

Anyone have any ideas on how to create good images/extract WAV files?

Thanks!
:confused:

Use Audio Catalyst to rip files directly to MP3 from your audio CD.
Or if you want really good quality, use EAC in combination with the LAME encoder (On the Mainpage you can find an article about this).

You shouldn’t make an image first and then try to make WAV files. And did the MP3 player not come with software to rip audio cds directly to MP3? (mine did)

Audiocatalyst is really great, and I recommend either getting a paid for liscence or crack…

I used to use it all the time, but it doesn’t work so well on ME (for me or my buddy that both upgraded from 98).

My advice is to use windows media player, which will let you encode into WMA format which they say is actually better… I wouldn’t know because I don’t use it though…

This is already on your computer too :slight_smile:

Oh yeah, what kind of MP3 player did you get? Not all can play WMA, though most of the new ones can…

Originally posted by Louse76
I used to use it all the time, but it doesn’t work so well on ME (for me or my buddy that both upgraded from 98).

Upgrading can cause allot of probs! It’s better to make a fresh install of ME. (no upgrade from other OS.)