How can I dump everything AOL from my computer?

A.o.L. install itself like a virus. back a few years ago when I helped someone install it I could not believe how many “Illegal Operations” came up and how many times the machine had to reboot itself. This was so it could imbed itself into the machine. I would suggest backing up all your data and wiping your machine clean and starting all over again. The machine will run like new and you will not have the problem any longer. Just make sure you have all the disc that came with the computer so you can do a full software re-install.

[QUOTE=Zathros;2176504]A.o.L. install itself like a virus. back a few years ago when I helped someone install it I could not believe how many “Illegal Operations” came up and how many times the machine had to reboot itself. This was so it could imbed itself into the machine. I would suggest backing up all your data and wiping your machine clean and starting all over again. The machine will run like new and you will not have the problem any longer. Just make sure you have all the disc that came with the computer so you can do a full software re-install.[/QUOTE]
This has become a “compound” post. The new problem starts at post #8.

[QUOTE=jflan;2176511]This has become a “compound” post. The new problem starts at post #8.[/QUOTE]

After reading post 8 my advice becomes more relevant. Your machine is too full of crap. You will waste too much time and your machine will be unstable.

I believe you are right. I just hope the original disk/disks can be found. Thanks to everyone.