How can I divide a 70min Wav into 12 sections?

vbimport

Hi, hope someone can help.
I recently purchased a SB Platinum Live soundcard so I could record 70 minute vinyl mixes digitaly from my Mini Disc player to the hard drive.
This has worked fine but now I have a CDR and want to burn the 70 minute mix onto CD. I have Adaptech Easy CD Creator which should do the task but it will burn the whole thing as one track where there are in fact 12 tunes on there.
So what I need to do is break the wav down to 12 components which will connect together without any gaps inbetween when they’re burned on the CD.
I had a quick go with the wav editor that came with the soundcard (Wave Editor??) but it’s a slow and non-user-friendly program. When I go to Cut the huge wav it then makes a backup of the original (4 minute wait) each time. I had a better one on the Amiga!!

So, basically, I need to know a real easy way to take a huge 70 minute wav, break it into 12 parts which can then be burned onto CD with no gaps between the tracks.

I’ll be grateful for any light you can shed.

JK…

P.S. I asked the chaps on the AudioForums site this question and got a few leads. Can any of you recommend something that’s free (~or that I can get for no money, ahem) that has this functionality?

Think the new Nero should do the job. For info look here: http://slc.dyn.kpn.cx/readme.txt
Something 'bout splitting huge wavs is mentioned in the readme!
For Nero download options look at DivideZero: http://dividezero.tmfweb.nl

Greetz Scorpion

- what boots up must come down -

It’s really very simple ! Make a cue file like below, load it in cdrwin (button Record Disc), and burn…

EXAMPLE #1 - Audio disc from a single data file with no “pause areas” between tracks.

FILE C:\MYAUDIO.WAV WAVE
TRACK 01 AUDIO
INDEX 01 00:00:00
TRACK 02 AUDIO
INDEX 01 05:50:65
TRACK 03 AUDIO
INDEX 01 09:47:50
TRACK 04 AUDIO
INDEX 01 15:12:53
TRACK 05 AUDIO
INDEX 01 25:02:40
TRACK 06 AUDIO
INDEX 01 27:34:05
TRACK 07 AUDIO
INDEX 01 31:58:53
TRACK 08 AUDIO
INDEX 01 35:08:65
etcetera…

[This message has been edited by dagg (edited 15 May 2000).]

Thanks for the Info.
Is CDRWin SCSI only?? Any help for using Cue Sheets on an IDE?
(Yamaha 8424)

Cheers.

You’re welcome
Yes, CrdWin can also be used for IDE-writers, the cue file stays the same, no difference there.

Hi, the reason I asked was that when I tried to copy it said it couldn’t find the SCSI device.

The Preferences box allowed me to choose both my drives (CD-ROM & CD-RW) as ‘Playable Drives’ but none came up in the ‘Recordable Drives’ options.

Any idea what I did wrong??

JK

P.S I was told that CD Architect would forfill all my CD needs. Is this part of the Sonic Factory 4G I was trying to download the other day?

P.P.S. I am not at my home PC which is why the descriptions above are from memory.

Me again. I went to the Golden Hawk website and saw a page about common IDE problems. I’ve downloaded some drivers which should correct the problem I had before. I’ll post later if I STILL have difficulties.

Thanks for the help.

JK…

You could also use Steinbergs Wavelab. It’s the best choose for such tings. You can post/move the markers wherever you like them and then it burns the CD directly.
For shure you will find a download link for it. It isn’t great, something about 3-4Mb. Look after Radium, whitch is the group that usually cracks this kind of apps.

C U

I use WinOncd pro.
You can split your file, and burn it directly.