How can i convert an AVI file to a DVD file without burning it to a disk

Is that possible? i used convert x to dvd and it gave me a bunch of VOB files and stuff how do i convert avi to dvd to my hard disk. Thanks in advance

DVD video consists of .vob, .ifo and .bup files inside a Video_TS folder.

ConvertXtoDVD is a good program for converting avi to dvd video, so you probably already have this done. Do you have software to play the dvd files on the hard drive, to test it? If not, download VLC media player and install it. www.videolan.org Once installed, right click on the Video_TS folder and you should get an option to play with VLC media player.

There are other alternatives, like DVDFlick and AVStoDVD, both of which are free to download and use. I’d get the older version (2.1.4 )of AVStoDVD though, since the latest has had a few bugs. http://www.videohelp.com/tools/AVStoDVD/old-versions#download Both DVDFlick and AVStoDVD will convert avi and give you a finished dvd video.

Thanks alot that really helped.

Just curious, but why do you want to convert to Dvd format if you are not burning to disc? You can store them as AVIs & VLC will still play them.

[QUOTE=beef barley;2409835]Just curious, but why do you want to convert to Dvd format if you are not burning to disc? You can store them as AVIs & VLC will still play them.[/QUOTE]

I would be asking that same question as well. :slight_smile:

:cool::cool: