How can I clone a movie from a hard drive in one step?

vbimport

I have some movies that were copied with DVDFab onto my hard drive.

Sometimes I want to copy one from the hard drive to a DVD, but it seems that DVDFab always wants to write it to a temp file first in a two-step process… I’d like to skip that step and go directly from the hard drive to a DVD.

I thought I’d be able to use the Clone mode, but that seems to only let me use the DVD drive as a source.

Is there any simple way to do what I want to do?

Probably the backup on your HDD has the size of a DVD9, but you have only DVD5 blanks.

In this case you need to shrink the movie first…

[QUOTE=chef;2567856]Probably the backup on your HDD has the size of a DVD9, but you have only DVD5 blanks.

In this case you need to shrink the movie first…[/QUOTE]

I already used DVDFab to shrink it, so the hard drive copy is 4.2GB or smaller.

I just want to clone it from the hard drive to a DVD.

Is there some way to get the clone mode to use the hard drive for the source?

[QUOTE=joelrosado;2567853]I have some movies that were copied with DVDFab onto my hard drive.

Sometimes I want to copy one from the hard drive to a DVD, but it seems that DVDFab always wants to write it to a temp file first in a two-step process… I’d like to skip that step and go directly from the hard drive to a DVD.

I thought I’d be able to use the[I] Clone [/I]mode, but that seems to only let me use the DVD drive as a source.

Is there any simple way to do what I want to do?[/QUOTE]

Hi joelrosado

Since the file is already on your HDD you can just use “Full Disc” mode or “Write Data” mode, if the files have been compressed to fit a single layer disc(DVD5) either mode will do it without using the temp folder however if they are not compressed then they will require a double layer disc(DVD9).

If your using single layer media and the files have not been compressed then DVDFab will compress the files and use the temp folder, you can set DVDFab to delete the newly created temp files after the process is complete.

[B]SJ[/B]

Thanks SJ (and chef, too) for your replies. Question answered. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=joelrosado;2567924]Thanks SJ (and chef, too) for your replies. Question answered. :)[/QUOTE]

Your welcome :wink:

[B]SJ[/B]