How can I check my FSB in XP

vbimport

How can I check how much front side BUS I have. My CPU is an Intel 2.8MHZ Hyper threading. Is there something in the device manager that will give me this information.

use cpu-z click here

Clocks :
Core Speed - 2795.0
Muliplier: x14
FSB 199.5 MHZ
BUS Speed 798 MHZ
Does this seem right to you. Why is my FSB only 199.5 and my Bus Speed 798.4.

Should be also displayed and editable in the BIOS.

true

my guess is that cpu-z cant read accuratly the sepcific sensor your motherboard have or the sensor itself is abit inaccurate , anyway it should be 200 and 800

That was my question. The little bit of difference doesn’t bother me but if you say 200 and 800 is correct then I feel better. I thought it should be 800 and 800.

lots of motherboards FSB/HTT frequencies aren’t set exactly to spec…it’s fairly common for the least common denominator frequency (i.e. HTT or FSB) to be off by 0.5-1.5mhz which results in the rest of the buses being even further out of spec due to them being derived from the FSB/HTT (i.e. multiplier dependent)…

for example, one of my machines @ stock has a HTT of 200.3MHz resulting in a core speed of 2003MHz (200.3HTT x 10 multiplier) as opposed to the spec 200HTT/2000MHz CPU…

you can adjust your FSB via your BIOS or locate the appropriate clockgen app and adjust it in windows (and view the real-time change by keeping CPU-Z open while you adjust the FSB/HTT): http://www.cpuid.org/clockgen.php

I know this might sound like a newbie wuestion but I will ask anyway. Is there anyway the FSB can affect the power of the CPU in DVD burning applications.

No, unless you overclock PCI so it corrupts data.
//Danne

Thankyou for your input and time. Much Appreciated all of you.

if your motherboard doesn’t have locks on the PCI/AGP buses, then changes in the FSB/HTT will result in out-of-spec frequencies for any peripherals operating on these buses…generally the tolerance for out of spec buses is a few MHz but the further out of spec the bus becomes the greater the probability of data corruption as DiiZzY mentioned above…