How can I burn data backup (not music) in multi discs , ie 1,2,3 of the same big file

vbimport

re Nero 5.5.10.50
how can I burn data backup (not music) in multi discs , ie 1,2,3 of the same big file?

I cannot find in the manual or web site,how to burn data backup (not music) in multi discs , since XP backup is greater than one cd limit ,over 740mb

WinOnCD will span a large file over multiple discs. For a more general solution for splitting (and later reassembling) a large file into multiple smaller files, try Katarn File Kutter (free):

http://www.katarncorp.com/index.php?kfk

cfitz

I’m the developper of KFK … contact me if needed :slight_smile:

Originally posted by Kyle_Katarn
I’m the developper of KFK … contact me if needed :slight_smile:
Nice to see you here. Your utilities are quite nice, thank you. I’ve not personally had a need to use Ignition, but I did use KFK once and it worked quite well. :slight_smile:

cfitz

thanks

On the contray. Thank you.

cfitz

is your sw free?and can be used with Nero 5.5.10.50 ?

how can I burn data backup of XP or WK2 (not music) in multi discs , ie 1,2,3 of the same big file?

The software is free but the burning process requires VSO Software’s CopyToDVD

i use winRAR to archive the files and break it up into 700 meg chunks,Works great,

Yes but KFK is faster and does not require any software (not even KFK itself) to rebuild the file !

Jesus, KFK looks like a very useful program. I have been needing to transfer large miniDV videos from my NTFS drive to my external HD that is formated in FAT32, I have had some big AVIs of 11GB size and have used winrar for spliting (not compressing). The thing took ONE HOUR to crunch that file. Next time I am going to give a try to KFK, I hope it is much faster than Winrar and reliable.
Thanks for your nice applications Kyle.

Why don’t you just transfer the files from Hard Drive to Hard Drive? As long as you are in Win2K or WinXP, your OS can see and use both File Systems. There might be something else that you didn’t mention, but I was just very curious why you were moving via CD.

FAT32 cannot take files larger than 4GB, that AVI file was 11GB as I have written. I have not used cds, I just splitted the file using Winrar to store it in the FAT32 HD. With this program I have had saved me a long time if it is much faster than WinRAR (no compression used on it, just the store files profile).

Oh, now I see why. Sorry… just didn’t understand, and thought you were doing it the hard way.

No probs… :wink:

You’re welcome :wink: