How can I break Securom 4.8x protection?

vbimport

I followed all the instructions about how to backup these two games, but it is still failing… I have downloaded the cloneCD profiles, tried them and nothing. I think the reader/burner is not the problem. I am using an LG 52x24x52x to do the work.

Can someone please help me?

I need to do it without emulation.

Thanks a lot. I am waiting for an answer.

Are you trying to run the copy from a writer or from an ordinary cd/dvd rom?

If from a writer, you must have an atip hiding utility such as clonecd’s hide cdr media or alcohol’s ignore media type running for the copy to work.

I tried rto run the copies in my writter and in a common reader. They install perfet, but dont recognize the CD.

when I try to run with the original CD, they work, even if I used the backuped one to install

Try using the Lite-on Securom New profile that you can download from this thread and make sure that you have disabled hide cdr media before commencing the reading process.

I did it with Lod, and nothing. They copy normal, but my drive dont recognize it. I have CloneCD and BlindWrite installed on my PC. Can this be my problem?

I am trying hard to backup Lod and Warcraft III with CloneCD but it keep failing… I tried to use the Liteon Securom New profile but nothing changed.

I am using an LG 52x24x52x with firmware 1.04 as reader and burner. I am testing the copies in CD-RW. I even uninstalled BlindWrite from my PC. Can anyone help me to see my doubt?

Top of the page:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=64732

Warcraft III is securom new protected not securom 4.8x.

On which speed did you read and write your image?

If it was max try to read at 4x speed, the writing can be done at max (but if you got the time you can try lowering the speed to look if it helps).

I was copying it on 4x. I will try to slow down to see…

Thanks

I used 4 x, nothing. 2x and nothing…

I am trying hard to backup Warcraft 3 and LOD, but I am having no sucess. Can the version of CLoneCD afect the result? If this is the matter, what version should I use? What profile do I need to test?

I use an LG 52x24x52x Firmware 1.04 as reader and burner.
CloneCD 4.2.0.2 with profiles downloaded from here.
I need it wihout emulation please, I can use anything needed.

Thanks a Lot, an dwaiting for a solution,

Tavolaro.

In order to burn warcraft iii, you must download the blackcheck twinpeak tool. I have done this and it works with version 1.05 because it uses securom 4.8, but it wont work on version 1.00. For this burned copy to work, you must get the 1.05 patch

version 4202 is the same version I used with my litey 52x and it worked fine

Thanks a lot. I am now trying Twinpeaks tool.

if you are talking about Warcraft III (and not the expansion pack) twinpeak is useless, even if you update it with the latest patch because the cd isn’t originally mastered with Securom 4.8
Greetings

Originally posted by maximino72
if you are talking about Warcraft III (and not the expansion pack) twinpeak is useless, even if you update it with the latest patch because the cd isn’t originally mastered with Securom 4.8
Greetings

Exactly right! you just need to read slow like at 4x with subs and it is better to write slow as well

Thanks a lot, I will try and post the results.