How can I backup when my writer can't handle SD?

vbimport

i know my writer wont copy safedisk 2 disks(yamaha 8x8x24ez).so, how can i back then up?anybody?thanks.

I use CloneCD and the FastDump feature of Daemon Tools when I backup the latest Safedisk2 games with my Plextor 40x.

As far as I know “fast dump” just makes reading the cd faster. So it doesn’t help if you can’t copy SD2. If your writer doesn’t work with AWS or betablocker then you have to buy a new writer (LiteON is good) or just give up.

Originally posted by Supi Suomalaine
As far as I know “fast dump” just makes reading the cd faster. So it doesn’t help if you can’t copy SD2. If your writer doesn’t work with AWS or betablocker then you have to buy a new writer (LiteON is good) or just give up.

I guess I should have spelled it out…I use the FastDump feature of Daemon Tools as a first step in backing up new Safedisk2 CDs. Yes, it definitely does make the reading of the CD faster when creating the image off the CD. And then (since the Plex 40x does not do a perfect copy of the latest Safedisk2 games) I turn on Daemon Tools’ emulation for Safedisk 2 when playing the game off the backup CD.

Using Daemon Tools is a lot cheaper than having to buy a new CD writer just to play the newer games off your backups. However, I did buy a LiteOn 40x for my other computer anyhow just for the heck of it. :wink: