How can i access the free hd dvddecrypter thats included with version 6 of dvdfab?

I have an xbox 360 hd dvd player add on for my hd dvd movies attached to my pc. I also have a blu ray player made by lg but my question specifically is not about blu ray. I have used dvdfab products since feb of 2007 and own a lifetime subscription for dvdfab and the mobile option. On the about page I see those two subscriptions never expire along with the last option for hd dvddecryter. I remember faintly using 3210 of the free hd decypter long time ago I also remember being able to use most of the future releases to copy my hd dvd’s to hard disk. The last dvdfab version to recongnize my player and allow me access to hd dvd discs was 5232 and which I have been using recently.

I do howerver want to see if the newer versions of the software will support hd dvd as well, reason being I’d like to just keep one copy of dvdfab installed if I can and not two. I noticed that 5250 and any version 6 of dvdfab won’t automatically scan for my hd dvd drive anymore and the pull down option for full disc is blank. i.e. no hd dvd or dvd 5/9. It just plain won’t pick up on my drive.

I have noticed I am suppose to have a non expired license for hd decrypter but I do not know how to activate its use. I.E. make it see my hd dvd drive. I do see the blu ray option which makes good copies of my blu ray collection btw. Where or in what menu should I be in and how do I get it to work with say 6022 which was just release? Please note the same machine can run both 5232 and 6022 side by side and I have been able to get 5232 to read the hd dvd drive so I’m not sure what happened or changed, can someone please help me out? Thanks, and I will be very willing to place system specs on this thread if asked but at this point I think its either one of two things, the newever software doesn’t read hd dvd anymore , or I don’t know how to use the new menu system.

[QUOTE=jgfuntime;2299968]I have an xbox 360 hd dvd player add on for my hd dvd movies attached to my pc. I also have a blu ray player made by lg but my question specifically is not about blu ray. I have used dvdfab products since feb of 2007 and own a lifetime subscription for dvdfab and the mobile option. On the about page I see those two subscriptions never expire along with the last option for hd dvddecryter. I remember faintly using 3210 of the free hd decypter long time ago I also remember being able to use most of the future releases to copy my hd dvd’s to hard disk. The last dvdfab version to recongnize my player and allow me access to hd dvd discs was 5232 and which I have been using recently.

I do howerver want to see if the newer versions of the software will support hd dvd as well, reason being I’d like to just keep one copy of dvdfab installed if I can and not two. I noticed that 5250 and any version 6 of dvdfab won’t automatically scan for my hd dvd drive anymore and the pull down option for full disc is blank. i.e. no hd dvd or dvd 5/9. It just plain won’t pick up on my drive.

I have noticed I am suppose to have a non expired license for hd decrypter but I do not know how to activate its use. I.E. make it see my hd dvd drive. I do see the blu ray option which makes good copies of my blu ray collection btw. Where or in what menu should I be in and how do I get it to work with say 6022 which was just release? Please note the same machine can run both 5232 and 6022 side by side and I have been able to get 5232 to read the hd dvd drive so I’m not sure what happened or changed, can someone please help me out? Thanks, and I will be very willing to place system specs on this thread if asked but at this point I think its either one of two things, the newever software doesn’t read hd dvd anymore , or I don’t know how to use the new menu system.[/QUOTE]

As of version 6.X.X.X, DVDFab no longer supports the HD DVD format.

The copy of v5.2.3.2 that you have is worth keeping for that reason alone.

Also, as of V6.X.X.X, there has been a change to the way that the HD Decrypter is handled, too. If you are a new user, and do not start the countdown on any other option (they all stay ‘never been used’), you can access the HD Decrypter option. Also, if you have accessed DVD to DVD, and the thirty day trial period is up, you can then access the HD Decrypter option.

If, on the other hand, if you have and have used a licence for Fab, the HD Decrypter option can’t be accessed at all… the philosophy being, why would you need at a stripped down version of what you already have full access to…

Hope this info helps…

OC

:slight_smile:

OCanada, thank you for the reply to my request. Your answers were most helpful.