How burning CD/DVD 1x speed ? (Samsung SH-S202H / TS-H652H)

[qanda]This question is published in the hardware section for the Samsung SH-S202H / TS-H652H. Click here to view full specs.[/qanda]Hello everyone, my new Samsung allows burning CD/DVD only from 16x/24x… I need a very slow burning for audios and videos. I’ve tried with Verbatim, HP, Sony medias, they worked perfectely on my former pioneer 109 burner. Please help me to downspeed the burn.

Welcome to CDF :slight_smile:

Audio should burn perfectly well at 16x - you may wish to try Taiyo Yuden CDRs, which you can order online, or look for “Made in Japan” on the packaging in regular stores. However, Sony usually give me good results too.

Can you go into further detail of what the problems actually are? Can you also tell us what software programs you’re using. :slight_smile:

You don’t need to burn CDs at 1x on any CD/DVD burner made within the last several years, and if you were to somehow force the drive to burn a modern CD-R at 1x the result would be inferior to what you’d get at the supported burning speeds.

There’s a persistent myth on the Internet that you have to burn CDs and DVDs at 1x or 2x for best possible results or to make the discs compatible with certain hardware. This myth is false.

I sugest you burn any modern CD-R media (rated 32x or higher) at 16x or 24x with any modern CD/DVD burner which will almost always produce the best results.

Welcome to CDFreaks! :slight_smile: