How are the 811 and the 411?

I heard everywhere that the lite-on dvd-writer are low quality.
Now I see at the www.cdfreaks.com site that the 411 is rated as the best dvd-writer that money can buy.

How is this?

I want to buy a dual-layer burner, but as this seems to be further away as expected, I’m gonna buy a lite-on drive.

Originally posted by Jay Sea
[B]I heard everywhere that the lite-on dvd-writer are low quality.
Now I see at the www.cdfreaks.com site that the 411 is rated as the best dvd-writer that money can buy.

How is this?

I want to buy a dual-layer burner, but as this seems to be further away as expected, I’m gonna buy a lite-on drive. [/B]

Just got a Lite-On 411, which I immediately updated to the latest firmware. I backuped three movies with no problem. I am impressed.

If you wait a little while you could probably get an 811.

Why wait. I can buy it for 160 euro’s now.

Are the prices to be dropped in the near future?

The 811 is out? Cool…:bigsmile:

has been out for at least a month here.
Where are U from?

has been out for at least a month here.
Where are U from?

it says liverpool…you know home of the beatles!

i ordered mine the other day…811s…:stuck_out_tongue:

I guess it is allright fo rme to buy one, I’m entering an internetshop at this moment. :bigsmile:

But there were troubles with reading it’s own written discs.
Is this solved now?

the 811 couldnt read its own burned dvds? wtf?

it was told that the 411 couldn’t read it’s own discs. And the 811 would have the same prefs except for being an 8X burner instead of 4X.

hmmm… that just sounds stupid! can not read its own burned disc!

but it could be true!

ANY 411s or 811s users out there have this problem?

My 411S can read back disc it’s own disc without any problem. I think these problems came from bad oc’ed drives and / or from crappy media. Anyway, with latest firmwares, the 411S performs just like it should : Perfectly :wink:

The same or even better than other brands drives?

The same or even better than other brands drives?

I’ve only another LiteOn drive (LTD-163D) and beside speed, it perform identicaly. From my experience, they perform beter than most other brand drives. But as posted before, I’ve never had any problem with my burns so It’s diffuct to judge.

the ltd 163 is a dvd-rom drive… or isn’t it?

I ment if the liteon burner performed as well or better than other dvd-writers from other brands?

i8 have the 811s and with the newest firmware, i have only had success in all my burns to $x ricoh(at 8x) and the 4x ritek at 4x

only prob is not having bitsettings options but thats ok as the dvd-r work perfectly in my xbox(samsung drive)

bitsettings?

bitsettings?

Yepp, join the club:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=79700

Damn it! I bought this freakin’ drive.

The compatibility is low and dvd-r burning is slow.

:Z I don’t even have this drive yet