How are OPTODISC ? please

I picked up some optodisc thursday when i had to Back up Sons Computer . (RW ) was a public holiday and didnt have time to go to my PCShop…no info on spindle of 10 and not expensive.
:bow: Please tell me are they better than Princo :Z

They should be better than Princo by a mile, or a few kilometers at least. :bigsmile:

Seriously, though, from the few scans I have seen of Optodisc RW media, I’d say it’s okay media. There is some better media [like that by Verbatim, Ricoh, and Sony], but a lot of the discs I see are around the same quality.

If you’ve already written to one, do a disc quality scan and a transfer rate test, and post the results.

[in case you need a refresher course]

To do the Transfer Rate Test, make sure you are in the Benchmark tab, click on Run Test, and select Transfer Rate.

To do the Disc Quality Scan, select the Disc Quality tab, make sure your speed is set to 4x [4x and 8x are forum standard scanning speeds, and the LiteOn A1 series doesn’t always like 8x], and press start.

I’d be interested in a Quality scan and Transfer Rate Test, Di (as outlined by Albert above) - as they have some of these discs in my local supermarket, and I was thinking of picking up a 5-pack :slight_smile:

Edit: Di, you also have an NEC drive, right? I’d run the Transfer Rate Test on that :slight_smile:

[quote=Arachne;2050059]I’d be interested in a Quality

Edit: Di, you also have an NEC drive, right? I’d run the Transfer Rate Test on that :)[/quote]

Did transfer rate on Nec ( i have lots to learn)
will do a DVD vidio later.

Ouch Di…that doesn’t look too good. :eek:

If you do a DVD Video on that RW disc, let us know what playback is like. :slight_smile:

benchMark for lity…
this stuff was burned on Sons ComputerXP

I wouldn’t rely on those to be read back very easily, and I’d copy all the stuff to something a bit more high quality A. S. A. P. :iagree:

Usually LiteOn drives can struggle through stuff. :eek:

[quote=Arachne;2050087]Ouch [B]Di[/B]…that doesn’t look too good. :eek:
:)[/quote]

what does a [B]non Ouch[/B] look like :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=diane7;2050140]what does a [B]non Ouch[/B] look like :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

A non-ouch would be a lovely smooth upward curve, with no dips :bigsmile:

Oh, and no pretty colours in your quality scan hehe. :bigsmile:

[quote=Albert;2050132]I wouldn’t rely on those to be read back very easily, and I’d copy all the stuff to something a bit more high quality A. S. A. P. :iagree:
[/quote]

Backed up my Son`s whole Computer .Will only take important stuff of like School work photos ect …to put on my Verbatum.:bow:

when I put in XP sp3 didnt want any thing Bad to happen “MOM YOU LOST ALL MY STUFF” coverd my ass :stuck_out_tongue:

Hehe. Gotcha. You’ve learned well, Di. :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=diane7;2050140]what does a [B]non Ouch[/B] look like :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]Pretty much non ouch stuff has less errors. Less is better with testing except for Burst Rate.

Speaking of Burst Rate and you put an already burned MCC004 in and run Burst Rate test with both drives please. It only takes about 6 seconds to run the test.

[QUOTE=Albert;2050149]Hehe. Gotcha. You’ve learned well, Di. :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

Indeed :iagree:…it’s nice to see Di here in the Blank Media forum, posting scans and TRTs :bigsmile:

OK my first real Scan that has meaning:clap:
did others before on Dial up ,Gave up trying to understand Stuff too long for posts to open.and it took me 1 & half hours to Screen shot Genos Nero cddvd guide.:bigsmile:

I started writing this over an hour ago phone rang didnt know if I posted it or not ( found chat :o) :bigsmile:

[quote=Arachne;2050059]

Edit: Di, you also have an NEC drive, right? I’d run the Transfer Rate Test on that :)[/quote]

My Nec 3500AG Kicked the Bucket :sad:
this morning ripped a cd for my sister computer sounded like an Aroplane engin was reving :eek:

next put optodisc blank in to try differnt burn .( nothing happening ,cant eject,restart, nothing paper clip & manualy pull out getdisc out " How do I Do a Post-Mortem :p)
By the way the Girls stick together Iz Proof that You have been Stabed in the Back :iagree: :stuck_out_tongue: :bigsmile: :wink:

[QUOTE=diane7;2050778]My Nec 3500AG Kicked the Bucket :sad:
this morning ripped a cd for my sister computer sounded like an Aroplane engin was reving :eek:

next put optodisc blank in to try differnt burn .( nothing happening ,cant eject,restart, nothing paper clip & manualy pull out getdisc out " How do I Do a Post-Mortem :p)
By the way the Girls stick together Iz Proof that You have been Stabed in the Back :iagree: :stuck_out_tongue: :bigsmile: ;)[/QUOTE]

Awwww, RIP poor NEC :sad:

Wasn’t my fault!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Mind you, Albert could be onto something. With my very first LiteOn DVD burner (before I knew they were crap for scanning CDRs), I was running a scan on a very old Kodak CDR…plenty of errors at the end, and after that the drive never read or burned another CDR :eek:

Edit: but hey, now you can buy a nice spanking new Optiarc 72xx drive :bigsmile: