How are gas prices in your part of the world?

vbimport

In the past few months gas prices here have jumped about 30 cents a liter and is currently $1.26 a Liter ($5.73 Imp Gallon. 4.546 Liters = 1 Imp gallon), expected to hit the $1.50 mark by the May long weekend ($6.81 Imp gallon). The prices probably vary a lot in different parts of the globe. I watched a guy fill up his 1/2 ton truck the other day to a whopping $140.00. Here in Alberta we are sitting on a large quantity of the worlds oil supply and it doesn’t seem to give us a break. Gouging you think?

$1.26 a Liter? wow, thats really cheap compared to our price here in Germany, which is about 1,46€ at the moment = $2,25

Up and up. £1.09p a litre last time I checked, but in some (non-supermarket chain) petrol stations we’ve seen it as high as £1.18 a litre. :eek:

South-west of England here BTW. And to think once upon a time, we UK’ers would be up in arms if it passed the £1 mark. How things change…

Here in Chicago Land area : Indiana it’s $3.87 a gallon reg

bean55

3.43 per gallon here in Tennessee

$3.31 usd for a US gallon. When i started driving it was 17 cents (yep 17 pennies) for a us gallon.

SW Missouri,USA

[QUOTE=Bob;2049559]$3.31 usd for a US gallon. When i started driving it was 17 cents (yep 17 pennies) for a us gallon.

SW Missouri,USA[/QUOTE]

Yeah a quarter when I started driving

[QUOTE=bean55;2049564]Yeah a quarter when I started driving[/QUOTE]If you were born in 55, your a year older than me.

On Wednesday here in Denmark, the price for 92 octane petrol (gas) was:

Kr 11.01 DKK per litre
$2.27 USD per litre
€1.48 EUR per litre
£1.15 GBP per litre

Converted to U.S Gallons (~ 3.7854 litres) the price was:

$8.61 USD per US gallon

Prices today were roughly 1-2% lower (prices here sometimes change 2-3 times per day)

Ouch Drage…sounds even worse when you convert it to USD :eek:

EUR 1.591 per liter (regular)

[QUOTE=Bob;2049567]If you were born in 55, your a year older than me.[/QUOTE]

Started driving later than must of the people my age.
No money No wheels

bean55

An additional piece of information when talking about “gallons”:

The U.S. gallon is 3.785411784 litres

The Imperial gallon is 4.54609 litres or about 1.2 U.S. gallons

Canada uses the Imperial gallon and not the U.S. gallon.

[QUOTE=bean55;2049596]Started driving later than must of the people my age.
No money No wheels

bean55[/QUOTE]yeah gas bounced around back then with the gas wars they called them here. So yeah it was a quarter then down to 17 cents and so on. It wasn’t a big deal to top off and spill some gas on the ground :bigsmile:

About $3.65/gallon here in NW Indiana.

The 92 octane that Drage quoted is called Premium here in the States. I use 88 octane (Regular) so as to save a little money.

Rusty

[quote=Bob;2049559]$3.31 usd for a US gallon. When i started driving it was 17 cents (yep 17 pennies) for a us gallon.

SW Missouri,USA[/quote]
So Bob basically you are paying .87 cents a liter if my math is correct 1 US gallon = 3.785 liters. Pretty good compared to the rest of the world so far. When I started driving I was more interested in beer and women in the back seat than gas prices.:stuck_out_tongue:

Drage, I guess if I lived in your area I would be riding a bike.:eek:

[QUOTE=crossg;2049611]So Bob basically you are paying .87 cents a liter if my math is correct 1 US gallon = 3.785 liters. Pretty good compared to the rest of the world so far. When I started driving I was more interested in [B]beer[/B] and women in the back seat than gas prices.:p[/QUOTE]Speaking of beer…a 6 pk of Budweiser in cans was $1.25 back then also :bigsmile: cigarettes were 45 cents for 20 pk name brands. Wimmin were free with all the free love back them…

Ask what happened yesterday and i doubt i could tell you :doh: :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=Da_Taxman;2049592]EUR 1.591 per liter (regular)[/QUOTE]

Tax!!! Nice to see that you’re still alive and kicking :slight_smile: Long time since I’ve been on the forum. Howcome you’re no longer on IRC?

On topic, here in Belgium, petrol is about 1.48 euro/litre and diesel 1.20 euro/litre.

In the midwest U.S. I’m paying about 3.70 for a gallon of E-85…I am not looking forward to my 1500 mile journey home in about a week :frowning: