How about a seperate install for DVDFab HD Decrypter

vbimport

It’s really annoying to have to click “Start DVDFab HD Decrypter” each time I start the program. I liked it better with seperate installs.

I’m not real sure about this but maybe after the 30 day free trial for
Platinum and Gold is over with it will just start HD Decrypter on its
own without having to click “Start DVDFab HD Decrypter” each time
you go to use it. :confused:

And really, as HD Decrypter is free, it is up to Fengtao how this works and I can understand that he would like all users to end up as paid plat/gold users and hence the startup is a bit of marketing to encourage that.

I don’t think that you should complain too much about such a fine, free utility.

[QUOTE=GregiBoy;2052827]And really, as HD Decrypter is free, it is up to Fengtao how this works and I can understand that he would like all users to end up as paid plat/gold users and hence the startup is a bit of marketing to encourage that.

I don’t think that you should complain too much about such a fine, free utility.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely.

It’s an incentive to upgrade.

[B]Wombler[/B]

I did ask about this twice, but received no reply. I guess its a marketing thingy - personally, I’m not going to try the more fully featured versions, but many might. I just hope it stops offering me this after 30 days. (please fengtao :))

Regards

Think of it as a very unobstusive nag screen, a technique common to shareware/freeware since the earliest days of the universe. :slight_smile:

You mean 10 years ago???

LOL more like 15 or 20. :slight_smile: [I]Really[/I] ancient.

One way Fengtao could consider resolving this is have the users who prefer the HD Decrypter register the program and they get a FREE key that will enable the HD Decrypter without the nag. Also if you wish to upgrade later simply entering the newly purchased upgrade key will enable the paid features.

I second this notion. Very good thinking DVDKingdom.

Lol! Yeah…[I]Really [/I]ancient! :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=7thSinger;2053409]Lol! Yeah…[I]Really [/I]ancient! :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

As I have been around much longer than this, does this mean I’ve just popped into existence.:eek:

If you did…that’s a mighty fine parlor trick!

Hey guy. Just my take but I never smack a gift horse in the mouth. Hey It’s free. If I was Fantago I’d do the same. Not being mean or unkind to you guys, just being real. I’m grateful to Fan and the team to have a free program, though I do have Platium that I paid for. I used DvDfab (free version) for a long long time free of charge. I thank Fantago and the team here for all the freebees and support (grin) If I seem out of line or touch please forgive me I’m a newbee here. In fact I still have’nt got the hang of how things are done here yet. Hope I’m posting this in thwe right place. I know I’m days late of the post. Thanks, hope to be friends guys, no offence. Jazz

yeah i think that free version with annoying screen is a good advertisement. (or annoying popup) maybe he can add a donate link. :wink: so you dont have to pay full upgrade cost, just donate 5 bucks and the screen will go away. :flower:

i want a donate option anyway. :slight_smile: ive purchased a few times just to donate. if he had a donate option id send him 5 bucks here and there more often than $50 bucks at once. :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=DVDKingdom;2053387]One way Fengtao could consider resolving this is have the users who prefer the HD Decrypter register the program and they get a FREE key that will enable the HD Decrypter without the nag. Also if you wish to upgrade later simply entering the newly purchased upgrade key will enable the paid features.[/QUOTE]

another suggested waste of development resource - how about we devote 100% of the development recource to features requested by the paid-for community!

I’m so fed up of seeing whingeing /requests from the " I want it all for free " set - maybe they could havve their own sub-forum so that we could moew easily ignore them :wink:

@cybmole

Just that it was there before and for all time right up to now. Fair enough to try to encourage us freeloaders to buy, but after a while - even a trial period - it will become evident that some people won’t. There is still a “register” screen in the help menu, IIRC, for those who do change their minds.

Anyway, maybe Fengtao can at least give us an answer on this.

Regards

[quote=cybmole;2055277]another suggested waste of development resource - how about we devote 100% of the development recource to features requested by the paid-for community!

I’m so fed up of seeing whingeing /requests from the " I want it all for free " set - maybe they could havve their own sub-forum so that we could moew easily ignore them ;-)[/quote]

Cybmole,
How is this suggestion a waste of developement resource when the registration system is already in place for (Gold/Platinum).

[quote=troy512;2054575]yeah i think that free version with annoying screen is a good advertisement. (or annoying popup) maybe he can add a donate link. :wink: so you dont have to pay full upgrade cost, just donate 5 bucks and the screen will go away. :flower:

i want a donate option anyway. :slight_smile: ive purchased a few times just to donate. if he had a donate option id send him 5 bucks here and there more often than $50 bucks at once. :bigsmile:[/quote]Best idea yet on this issue in my opinion.:iagree:

I don’t know what all the complainning is about the free version? Yes, I have used the free, paid for gold that I can no longer use since I installed my platinum key.
As long as I can still use/upgrade/burn.
Burn On,
Russell