Housework and heat

Call me a glutton for punishment, but as the board’s pretty quiet, I’ve decided to do some housework…in the baking heat. :eek:

Has anyone else been putting it off (or getting someone else to do it)? I wish I could train the cat to do it, but I think he’d have something to say about that.

I can’t believe I’m doing this - I’ve sunk to new levels of boredom :eek:

My desks are the messiest they’ve ever been though, something has to be done!

i completely ransacked my room a couple months ago. I had a full bedroom at my apartment at school and a full bedroom at my parents house. 2 bedrooms worth of stuff were not going to fit in one bedroom at my parents house when I moved in.

It was probably the most work I’ve done in a single week. I went through ALL of my stuff filing, organizing, trashing…it was ridiculous.

I had 3 big boxes of clothes that I gave to charity and my closet and dressers are still full.

I have a few drawers I still need to go through, but it’s mostly old notebooks, yearbooks, file folders and stuff like that. I used to want to be a writer and i have dozens and dozens of notebooks full of stuff that’s honestly not very good, but I can’t bring myself to throw it all out haha.

mind you all of the above wass done in air conditioning :slight_smile:

I know what you mean - I moved back in with my mum when I was about 17-18 for a couple of weeks (after leaving home at 16), and the stuff I had that I couldn’t take…I think that’s how half my beloved vinyl collection went astray :eek:

I’m still on my housework quest, but the good news is, I’ve got the desks somewhat tidier, and the whole living room smells of furniture polish :bigsmile:

do it at 3 in the morning, it’ll be a bit cooler then, or have a few beers as your tidying up :bigsmile:

I re-arranged my room so it will fit my new tv :smiley:

And thus we see the male definition of “housework”… :wink:

I guess i have put off some of the heavier housework like moving heavy furniture to clean underneath, but i’m still doing the usual daily chores.

:bow: :bow: :bow:

Doing the dishes when it’s this hot is the worst!

LOL, imkidd - I didn’t think of that :bigsmile:

Moving heavy furniture…now that is something I’d definitely encourage hubby to do :wink:

Well, I got the kitchen and living room ship-shape, then gave up. I even did some “housekeeping” on my PC (moving stuff between partitions, defragging, backing up etc). :eek:

Edit: And doing the dishes is one thing I don’t mind…probably my favourite chore. Vacuuming is the worst :Z

I think you’re not quite grasping the nature of your relationship with your cat. :disagree:

Baz has trained you to perform the housework, the cleaning, the feeding, the scratching behind the ears, and so on, and I’ll bet he’s trained you very well. :wink:

You forgot the opening and closing of the kitchen window. Oh yes, he has trained me well :sad:

Dogs are very good trainers too. :doh: