"House of Flying Daggers" problem

vbimport

Has anybody tried to copy “House of Flying Daggers” with entire disk mode and selected Audio (only without French)?

I used AnyDVD 5111 along with Intervideo DVDCopy 3 (latest version) to copy this movie. Although DVDCopy 3 shows burning complete, it is actually half-done (I can tell from the color change of the DVD). The amazing thing is this half-copied DVD still can run. But when I played back, I found the main movie part is “black screen”.

It cost me 2 blank DVDs. I know this movie has new protection. Is this something to do with DVDCopy 3 or AnyDVD5111? Any thought on this?

i’ve successfully backed it up by ripping to an ISO with DVD Decrypter 3.5.4.0. i’d use that to rip, then mount the ISO (using something like Nero Image Drive or Slysoft’s Virtual Clone Drive) then use DVDCopy3 on the mounted image.

I copied it with CloneDVD 2.7.5.1 and AnyDVD 4.6.3.1, I was able to burn it with no problems…

Thanks.
I used main movie mode and it works. Did you guys use main movie or full disk copy?

i ripped and burned the entire DVD to a dual layer disc using DVD Decrypter.

OK, folks, here is my conclusion–Intervideo DVDCOPY 3 has some problem dealing with Sony’s protection.
I tried AnyDVD5111 with Nero Recode with full disk mode and selected audios, no problem at all.
Thank you guys.

My Suggestion: Purchase CloneDVD2 from Slysoft. Money well spent!

i never use DVDCopy3 to burn the actual disc, just to write the transcoded film to file, then use NERO to burn it.

i think the anydvd new version is bad, i have never had a problem until i upgraded to 5.0 and 5.1 anydvd. i am going back to 4631.

Use Anydvd with VobBlanker version 2.2.0.1 which is free software follow link:
http://www.free-codecs.com/VobBlanker_download.htm then run processed files thru Dvd Shrink and burn.
All Sony ARcoSS protected discs which include Layer Cake, Little Black Book,
Resident Evil 2 and The Forgotten have all backed up first time using this method. I use Lite-On 1633s x16 Dual Layer burner with Traxdata 8xDvd-r disks.

http://www.fileforums.com/showthread.php?t=69876
A guy there found all these locks with the same version of AnyDVD that I couldn’t. In any case, my combo of CloneDVD/AnyDVD (2.8.2.1/5.1.1.1) didn’t work, so I ripped the movie to my hdd using Decrypter, then shrinked/burned using CloneDVD. Now it’s working fine.

Hi there, I had the same problem, so I went ahead and clone the whole movie with cloneDVD 3.0.2.5 from clonedvd.net in to an ISO image, now that software removes copy protection and that kind of stuff, so mounted the Iso image in virtual clone drive 5.1.1.1 and used clonedvd2 to remove aditional features, languajes and that kind of crap, burned it to dvd and now I have a region free, crap free dvd, and my original one is safely putted away in my collection box.

please do help. im new to dvd burning. i used dvdcopy3 to encode avi files to dvd and set it to fit to one disk. after such, i tried burning it with nero but there was an error. THE DVD FILES DVDCOPY3 ENCODED WAS LARGER THAN THE BLANK DVD I INSERTED. approximately 200MB larger.

help please. thanks!

This thread is a year old. Using the latest AnyDVD there is no problem with House of Flying Daggers.

I’m also having problems with House of Flying Daggers. When i try to decrypt it it only get half way through and then it says there’s an error. I use DVD Shrink, and it’s worked before. Is there anything anyone can think of to get past this? Or should I give up . . .

[quote=amdrew;1981954]I’m also having problems with House of Flying Daggers. When i try to decrypt it it only get half way through and then it says there’s an error. I use DVD Shrink, and it’s worked before. Is there anything anyone can think of to get past this? Or should I give up . . .

You need a third party decrypter like AnyDVD 6.3.0.3.

So I searched other conversation on this issue, and downloaded DVDdecrypter and used that to dycryt it as a file instead of an image, then I used DVD shrink to, i guess, read it and get it ready to copy? Then when I went to burn it, using Roxio, it told me that my DVD did not have enough space on it to continue. It said there was only 4.3 gb of space on my disk, but it’s a 4.7 gig disk. Has anyone ever encountered this before or have a suggestion? Very strange.