Hotmail Virus

vbimport

Is this a hotmail virus?

It’s a screen i dont often see.
I have not put my password and user in yet.
The virus scan always kills it but it comes back.
What’s it called, how do i remove it?

Cheers

Sorry what am I looking for / at ???

Try reading what i put above the picture.

I reread it. Now complete with comments.

Is this a hotmail virus? - Is what a virus?

It’s a screen i dont often see. - Go there more often then.
I have not put my password and user in yet. - OK. Your not going to be able to log in without them.
The virus scan always kills it but it comes back. - Kills what? What comes back?
What’s it called, how do i remove it? - What is what called? Remove what?

Cheers - No problem

If your asking if that is the real MSN login page, yes it looks like it.

\\VH////
:slight_smile:

Hotmail is MSN Hotmail, i.e. it uses Microsoft Passport Network. So, the login page is original.

Read Womble’s post attentively and you may learn.

Is this a hotmail virus? - Is what a virus? - What i was saying after i asked the frigigng question.

It’s a screen i dont often see. - Go there more often then. - Don’t be cheeky.
I have not put my password and user in yet. - Don’t be cheeky.
The virus scan always kills it but it comes back. - Kills what? What comes back?
What’s it called, how do i remove it? - What is what called? Remove what? - The virus (If it is one)

And we are still no further forward.

1 - What is the problem you need help with?
2 - What are you calling a Virus?
3 - Why don’t you see this screen often?
4 - What does the Virus scanner kill and what comes back again?
5 - What do you want a name for?

1 - What is the problem you need help with? - Sorry, you were right. I thought that picture of the logon page may be a virus hijacking the webbrowser and reporting what ive typed in as a password back to the hacker.
2 - What are you calling a Virus? - I THINK something like a keylogger and a false login page.
3 - Why don’t you see this screen often? - Havn’t seen it until 2 days ago. It will periodicly change its look back to normal.
4 - What does the Virus scanner kill and what comes back again? - After running the virus scanner, the login screen goes back to its original look, I then try it about 1 hour later and its that look in the picture i attached.
5 - What do you want a name for? - The Virus.

Sorry for argueing by the way.

Now it is possible to help you with the information that you have provided.

A simply check of the Hotmail / MSN page from my machine sees a pic matching yours. Therefore I think we can conclude that this is the “normal” login page.

On the login screen changin it could be many things from hotmail upding it’s service to your virus scanner clearing cookies making the page relaod itself from it’s inital login page. Nothing to worry about as far as I can see.

No worries on trying to make your point. Just try to elaborate in future to save this happening again. We are all here to ask and help depending on the circumstances.

thanks mate :slight_smile:

No problem

I have been having this problem today i can log into msn mess but when i click on email i also get this screen and i was also a bit dubious but as i dont really keep anything important in hotmail i tried to reset but it refuses to accept my password even after reset and it does the same with my other account …

I dunno what the hell it is.
I’m assuming its a pretend hotmail sign in.
Looks like hotmail’s been hijacked.

This is what i got:

Are you logging in with netscape or internet explorer?

I was logging in with IE but it is fixed well for me anyway (it was a problem at there end)