Hot to get old SafeDisc 2.9 backups working again?

I have made backups of a lot of SafeDisc 2.8 protected games using my LITE-ON LTR-52246S without any emulation and as long as the protection is SafeDisc 2.8 the copys works perfectly.

But now the protection of some games was updated by patches (eg. SplinterCell, RavenShield) to SafeDisc 2.9 or higher the copys dosn’t works or only works in some drives.

I found out that the only way to make backups of SafeDisc 2.9 and higher protected games that works in all drives is to use CloneCD 4.3’s emulation. All other methodes and emulations (e.g. DaemonTools, Alcohol 120% older CloneCD) only works in some but not in all drives.

So my problem the SafeDisc Emulation of the new CloneCD only works if the backups was made with CloneCD but what can i do to get my old backups of Alcohol 120% working again? I wouldn’t be happy if I have to make all backups again with CloneCD.

So does anybody knows a solution?

Thank You

is it such a bad job to have to back up 1 disc each time again using the new clone cd ?
remember most games all carry the protection ie. safedisc v2.9
on just the play back cd .
I tried it out with bionicle a new safedisc v2.9 title it had originally been copied using alcohol I then took this copy and copied it again using new clone cd v4.3.17 ensuring emulate weak sectors was used.
when clone cd tray hide cdr media was activated my copy from the copy ran fine.
it only took me aprox. 20mins and 1x cdr disc to replicate it.
for disc 2 carrying no protection I continued to use my original alcohol cd on installing.
so whats the problem a quick fix just re do all your play cds
ensure emulation on tray enabled cds all working!:slight_smile:

Originally posted by logicwatch
is it such a bad job to have to back up 1 disc each time again using the new clone cd ?
remember most games all carry the protection ie. safedisc v2.9
on just the play back cd .
I tried it out with bionicle a new safedisc v2.9 title it had originally been copied using alcohol I then took this copy and copied it again using new clone cd v4.3.17 ensuring emulate weak sectors was used.
when clone cd tray hide cdr media was activated my copy from the copy ran fine.
it only took me aprox. 20mins and 1x cdr disc to replicate it.
for disc 2 carrying no protection I continued to use my original alcohol cd on installing.
so whats the problem a quick fix just re do all your play cds
ensure emulation on tray enabled cds all working!:slight_smile:

does the new clonecd work good for sd2.9? im having some problems with bw5 and this protection even with autoplay.

The last resort and VeNoM386 won’t mind me syaing that, is to try SD emu with Daemon Tools. It’s meant to work with CDs as well as images. In a thread over at Daemon’s Forum he explained that a failure can be attributed to a bug in SafeDisc which I have experienced (hence the thread in question). I have a no-sheep Ricoh (I think I can put my Acer 1610 up there as well!) which I use to test emu in the burning apps and as my children work their way through the test backups they are loath to use the emu copies, LOL.

And yes, Jamos. I know you have an ASUS 5224A as me, and since was released the new CloneCD I use them to backup SD 2.9x. Never had any problem :cool:

Originally posted by Dufroise
And yes, Jamos. I know you have an ASUS 5224A as me, and since was released the new CloneCD I use them to backup SD 2.9x. Never had any problem :cool:

thanks dufroise…i just downloaded the new version of ccd yesterday…

Originally posted by Jamos
does the new clonecd work good for sd2.9? im having some problems with bw5 and this protection even with autoplay.

I see on another thread you have managed successfully to use copies with those picky drives at last jamos!
yes its very good for safedisc v2.9 titles and even more suprising was that previously copied alcohol 120% titles could be recopied
with the new ccd and they too will run in a picky drive providing hide cdr media has been enabled and the emulate weak sectors has been applied in the new copy when using ccd.
dont know the technical reasons behind it but I suppose some how it compensates for the degradded signature which occurs in safedisc v2.9 copies!
impressive slysoft and co. well done!:slight_smile:
whats next ?
starforce 3?
or will the russians beat them to it?:bow:

Originally posted by logicwatch
I see on another thread you have managed successfully to use copies with those picky drives at last jamos!
yes its very good for safedisc v2.9 titles and even more suprising was that previously copied alcohol 120% titles could be recopied
with the new ccd and they too will run in a picky drive providing hide cdr media has been enabled and the emulate weak sectors has been applied in the new copy when using ccd.
dont know the technical reasons behind it but I suppose some how it compensates for the degradded signature which occurs in safedisc v2.9 copies!
impressive slysoft and co. well done!:slight_smile:
whats next ?
starforce 3?
or will the russians beat them to it?:bow:

i live in the states so i havent seen starforce not even sure if they can use it here.

but this being slys first release I cant wait for more!