Hot Date Nearly

vbimport

I have a Cyber CW038D. I have tried to back up Hot Date for the kiddies puter. I have put the original through Clony XXL, and used those settings for Clone CD 4.0.1.9. Trouble is, after I've burnt it, I install the original, then the burnt Hot Date installs fine.
Then I eject the cd, insert it again, click play and the screen res. and it stalls an the red Hot Date startup screen. Any suggestions.

Thanks.

Your Cyberdrive does not support the so-called ‘Correct EFM Encoding’ which is needed to back-up the SafeDisc 2 protection which your game uses. You should try reading and writing the disc with your writer using the default Game Profile in CloneCD. Read the disc at 4x. The default Game Profile in CloneCD has ‘Amplify Weak Sectors’ enabled which helps writers like your Cyberdrive make better (read: working) back-ups. But, there’s no guarantee it will work. Some writers work better with AWS than others. You’ll have to try. Also, when playing the back-up from a CD-Writer make sure you have ‘Hide CDR Media’ enabled in the CloneCD Tray. One final question: do you live in the US? This country has AWS disabled but you can enabled it with this tool.

Given your nick and style of prose, I presume you’re from my home town of Melbourne (Oz not UK or US). If so, AWS will be enabled in clonecd unless you have your language settings set to US english. If you are from Melbourne but AWS is disabled, just change the language settings in your windows preferences to Australian english and reboot your system. After the reboot, AWS will be enabled.

Otherwise, follow the advice of G@M3FR3@K. Good luck.:slight_smile:

Thanks for the advice fellas, I’ll give it a go.
Personally I’d rather watch grass grow than play the game, but kids will be kids ( friends etc. )
And yes philamber, I’m from Bendigo and have the settings for us ( Aus )

Just a quicky, with the price of burners at the moment, and from what I have read, I think I’ll give a Lite On a go. They appear to be pretty handy.

Thanks again.

Originally posted by footscray
[B]Thanks for the advice fellas, I’ll give it a go.
Personally I’d rather watch grass grow than play the game, but kids will be kids ( friends etc. )
And yes philamber, I’m from Bendigo and have the settings for us ( Aus )

Just a quicky, with the price of burners at the moment, and from what I have read, I think I’ll give a Lite On a go. They appear to be pretty handy.

Thanks again. [/B]

Not quite from the wetern suburbs:) I see. Oh well, I was only about 2 hours drive out. Still we’re in total agreement about the “merits” of the game:bigsmile: .

As for a new burner, you can’t go wrong with a new Litey (any of them, 24x or above). They are extremely reliable, not particularly fussy about the quality of media used, handle all common game cd protections and are incredibly cheap here at the moment (a premium writer at a bargain basement price:D ). Also the fact that they’re no good with copy protected audio is irrelevant since we don’t have copy protected audio here in oz (and long may it remain that way).

Liteons kick ass !!. I was going to post a review/mention of cdfreaks, on here somewhere and the damn people at Maximum PC kept replying with autobot mail,

But Liteon is one of the best drives for backing up protected game cd’s. In Florida where I live, there was a back order of about 4 -5 months. I kept calling all the places around and they all told me the same thing, its on backorder. I finally lucked out and got one day when a salesman/friend told me they where getting a nother shipment in!! I was elated.