Hostel Will Not Backup

vbimport

I have tried three different proggys with AnyDVD, including Clone, I have the lastest versions of both, none will backup the movie, its gets to about 88% and bad sectors becomea problem, even tried the AnyDVD ripper, no luck, it is Region 1 , Wideswcreen. Below is the information from AnyDVD
Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD 5.9.5.6)
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)
Media is a Data DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2084960 sectors (4072 MBytes)
Total size: 4169920 sectors (8144 MBytes)
Video DVD (or CD) label: Hostel_UR_NTSC_NA
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!
RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Found & removed structural copy protection (Arccos, Puppetlock)!
Found & removed invalid VOBUs!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 3 bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

alan!!! you should know better than to include so little information! :wink:

version numbers (although i trust you’re really a the “latest” it’s always good to knwo for sure!)

also, if you could post the anydvd info window and whatever exact error messages you get in any and ALL programs that you’ve tried.

if you think it’s a new protection, you know the drill…disable anydvd, zip up the IFOs and shoot them over to slysoft for analysis.

now, on to the most important question: why are you trying to preserve a copy of HOSTEL? if anything, all copies of this disc should be destroyed. what a sorry excuse for a movie :stuck_out_tongue:

haha way to edit while I was posting! thanks for the info window :slight_smile:

Hi :slight_smile:
Check out email alan1476. If it works feel free to post details. :iagree:

zeb, what did you send him? sorry to sound nosy, but if it’s something that will help, shouldn’t it be posted in the forum for others that may have the same problem?

I don’t know if it will work, don’t have that DVD. In fact never heard of it. As I’m not sure if it will do anything I thought I’d save time & space by leaving it up to alan1476 to try. If it works then post it. Didn’t think about it getting your feline quality aroused. :bigsmile:
Edit: reasonsnotrules check your PM even if it doesn’t work for this you may want to keep it for future reference.

Now you really made me curious. :slight_smile:

I followed your intstructions exactly, no go. I will send .ifo to Slysoft, I would appreciate if someone else could try this movie. Thanks Zebadee.

The last time I send you the .ifo file and I did address them to you at the e-mail you provided, I got an e-mail telling me that they could not help me back up a movie. So much for e-mailing Elby.
Thanks I do not want to cross post and put this in the AnyDVD forum so if someone has backed up this movie please let me know.

No problems here alan. Region 1 widescreen. Movie only menus preserved.
Clone2.8.9.2, Any 5.9.5.6
Probably a bad disk?

I am going back to the store and return it.

You were right Sockeye, I had a bad source disk, I returned it to Bjs and got another with no problems. Movie only Clone2 and AnyDVD works fine, sorry for the posts, Quentin Tarantino is my favorite and I have been waiting for this.

If you ask me its actually got nothing to do with Tarantino, except his name is on the dvd box/movie poster.

Glad it worked out alan. :slight_smile:
We’ve been waiting for this one too!

Maybe reasonsnotrules didn’t like this movie because of the part in the beginning in Amsterdam.:slight_smile:

Nothing special. I might’ve got the idea from you. Put simply it was just a step by step, drag & drop to hd after unticking CSS archive box in AnyDVD. The CSS archive bit being the only thing you don’t seem to generally see when drag & drop suggested. It worked for me first over six months ago & had mixed success since.

@
alan1476, glad you got it sorted. :iagree:
BTW Beware reasonsnotrules will have you, fancy getting here monicka mispelt. :bigsmile:
Obviously a good DVD to distract you like that. :stuck_out_tongue:
Oops! Just realised given you time to remove evidence. :doh:

Oops! Just realised given you time to remove evidence. :doh:

I removed the evidence.:cop:

haha my boyfriend liked the amsterdam part…especially the sauna scenes.

my major problem was the lack of script, scarcely any plot development, detachment from characters, and gratuitous gore.

there was gratuitous sex as well, but that didn’t really bother me as much :wink:

hey, what can you expect from a film major :slight_smile:

Like the girl in the movie said " You have to pay to watch "

i didn’t look at the special features on the disc and didn’t back it up (only rented it) but is there anything that says what came out of that asian chick’s eye when he cut it off?
it was so ridicuous that it was a yellowish creamy liquid that it didn’t even seem that gory to me…just sort of funny.

my best guess is ranch dressing mixed with mustard :stuck_out_tongue: