Hospital Tycoon backup (twin peak problem)

hi i’m new here although i’ve been here as a guest for allmost a year now.

anyway i’m trying to copy hospital tycoon (dvd) aray scanner after a sector scan said it was securom proected (sorry about my bad english i may live in the states but i don’t do so good in english class…) i made the image with alcohol 120 with high data pression mangement. but i don’t know how to twinpeak it. the image size in alcohol is 724.25 MB. any help would be appreciated.

EDIT:
the exact version of securom form a ray scanner:

[13:10:48 PM] — File(s) Scan Finished [11.51s] —
[13:10:51 PM] SecuROM DVD detected -> D:\HT [6711DDFC]
[13:11:24 PM] SecuROM 7.00.00.0045 detected -> C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Hospital Tycoon\HospitalTycoon.exe
[13:11:26 PM] — File(s) Scan Finished [9.88s] —

Welcome himan,

you’re sure it’s a DVD and not a CD? Scan HospitalTycoon.exe again using Protection ID as aray is out of date and post your result.

p.s. Changed title of the thread.

PROECTION ID says:

Scanning -> C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Hospital Tycoon\HospitalTycoon.exe
File Type : Exe, Size : 9080832 (08A9000h) Bytes
-> Suspicious MZ Header…
[!] SecuROM Detected - Version 7.xx

• Scan Took : 16.246 Seconds

and yes i’m sure it’s a dvd i put it in my cdrw drive and it couldn’t read it and on the box it says “PC DVD”.

Ok. As it’s a DVD twin peak method won’t work you can either create a backup which needs a DVD in the drive or you can play without DVD using your image. This guide will help you creating a ‘working’ backup.

i know this may be a stupid question but is it possible to shrink the image to fit on a cd? there is some data on it i don’t need…DirectX for X64… that alone is puting it over the cd limit. any way thanks for your help! next time i’m going for cd’s only. (there was no cd version for hospital tycoon) at least untill we find a way to copy dvd’s.

There is already a way if you would just take a look at kalas link.

actualy i found a way to shrink the program and back it up at the same time. it took alot of codeing and using 7-zip though. and it really works!

7-zip?.. please explain

basicly i downloaded the exact same install making uttily Nullsoft install system or NSIS. It’s open source. then i opened the installdata.dat with 7-zip. i extraced the data. and rewrote the installer script. even with directx in the installer it’s only 311 MB ! i also downloaded the no dvd patch and incorprated it into the installer as well. it’s the only way to make a “fully functional” copy. it can be run on other systems as well. if anyone wants the script (and the instructions that go with it) let me know. i can’t give you the actual installer, copyrights and legal issues. but i can tell you how to build your own. Good luck!

Thread closed. Read the Forum Rules and especially the part I quoted :wink:

Requesting for or posting of serial numbers, direct links to cracks or any other information that violates copyright laws or any other laws protecting intellectual property;