Homeworld 2 Securom

Hi!
I just got my copy of HomeWorld 2. Well, tried to make a backup so I fired ClonnyXXl…it detected nothing. So I proceeded to back up using BlidWrite suite with whatever settings the Program would run.

They copy installed but didn’t run…I was puzzled since Clonny detected no CD protection. So now I tried with the game allready installed in my machine and it detected what seems to be a new securom version:

Well, proceeded to try the “warcraft 3 path” using the clone cd image and Twin Peaks, but I had no success.

I’m using a Lite-On 48125W w/latest firmware.

Any info would be appreciated.

i would suggest you go download blindwrite the new version

http://www.vso-software.fr/

this is tutorial for securom games …that are 4.8 above …

this is not for securom below 4.7 cause it is totally different … remember that

also make sure you have latest firmware for your burner

first

make folder on desktop label it image

now

open up blindwrite
go into blindread [cd to hard drive ]
then go into general settings uncheck everything …then next
then go into dump image
pick your burner from top
then go to where it says main image file
click on the " … "
browse out to the folder on desktop called image and then hit open
now hit next
okay next screen
make sure nibble has mark by it
check adapt speed …min is 1x …max is max
check eject cd
hit read

[ at this point you may or may not get ecc/ecd errors …tht is protection dont worry bout that …also it will go slow by protection and then speed up . this process all depends on how fast burner is and how good ]

then it will ask to extract bwa well hit yes …and then it should start and say set ending you want it automatically …and turn burn speed to 4x …then it hit start and it should run after that go ahead . Then you want to go to file and save it …save it the same name as the program BWT image …and hit quit …yes I said quit

[since you had to make one for this game and it is not out yet …you are looking for a smooth …curve …4x should work fine but if it has alot of spikes then you may want to redo it by going to slower speed but 4x has always worked for me ]

put the bwa file in the same folder on desktop called image
make sure the bwa file is the name …so if image is

jesuslovesme.bwt

then name the bwa file
jesuslovesme.bwa

put in blank cd in drive

okay now go back and open blindwrite
go to blindwrite [ hard drive to cd rom ]
go to blindwrite config
okay uncheck all here …
now just check autoplay and eject cd
[now sometimes you dont have to check autoplay …depends on cd burner . I would go ahead and check it …also you can try without but that is okay too … autoplay hides atip so you can play in burners that is why I do this … ]
okay now hit next
now go to start cd write
now top drop down pick your burner
hit next
next screen hit the folder and browse out to your folder that contains image … it is on desktop called image remember
hit next
this is where we verify image
click start
we are looking for image is good and use dao pw or pq
sometimes you will get image is good and this need special attention that is okay … also sometimes say enhance weak sectors but most of the time that is not true …this is totally burner dependant …

okay now we know image is good click next
okay here
writing mode to be dao pw and speed max …
now hit go …it will ask to use bwa file and say okay cause remember we downloaded it … so there ya go …after it is done it should play

also remember we used autoplay

so if you play on your machine that has blindwrite then it will play
if you unistall blindwrite or use on another machine you need to put on stand alone autoplay client …

there you go instructions

cheers …

i did though do search and bwa file is not out there yet … so hey be first one to make a good one …what you want it a curve that is nice and smooth as possible … .

or you can wait til blindwrite 5 is out and does it automatically for you

Mostly Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne instructions but there are some nice tips there.

I have the latest version of BlindWrite suite, created the BWA at 4x and yes, both where the same name.

I also tried it with the Clone CD image, bwa and using twinpeaks and no luck either.

There are some little differences in the method and I’ll update in the week since I ran out of CDs (and cash lol thanks to a fucked up air compressor in my honda del sol), so after I get in check with that Ill buy CDs and try again.

Even when I felt kinda insulted about the idiot-proff instructions (lol joking dude), the fact is that I saved them…it’s a nice piece what you wrote there…appreciated.

it is same protection all securom 4.8 + are done the same way … cause it is same protection

also frozen thone is done the say way cause of it protecion is 4.8 too … .

just to let ya know

Originally posted by BetrayerX
[B]so I fired ClonnyXXl…it detected nothing. …I was puzzled since Clonny detected no CD protection. So now I tried with the game allready installed in my machine and it detected what seems to be a new securom version:

[/B]
Yes, the protection is generally only detectable after the title is installed.

@giovanni42104 if you really want to be a copy guru, you need to be more objective :wink:

yes jedi master …I sent you a PM …but i think I understand sometimes being italian and spanish you get some words mixed up …but yes i have alot of tutorials i have writing out for people that ask them …

Do not call me jedi master, do not call me anything. Do not be obsequious and stop being homey - it doesn’t work. You haven’t mixed words up.

>but yes i have alot of tutorials i have writing out for people that
>ask them

…what’s that supposed to mean? Are you hiding information? Why not share it with the forum? If you want to be so helpful, start your own forum.

okay future i wont call you anything but future then … if what you mean by the statement obsequious and stop being homey , meaning brown nosing and kissing up ? i dont do that …just said jedi master cause you all are the ones that know more than I do …that is why I come to this forum … so to me that is what moderators are … sorry for the analogy. I have shared all tutorials in the forum …I just write them up so i dont have to type them all out again and again when it is the same protections…just easier for me … plus they are easier for the people to go step by step if need be

also the pm i sent i didnt understand what your comment meant that is all
@giovanni42104 if you really want to be a copy guru, you need to be more objective

…i dont understand what that meant is all …and then you wrote your reply in the forum about Dont call me anything and Do not be obsequious and stop being homey - it doesn’t work. …sorry but i dont understand where all that came from … if it was just from saying jedi master than yet again sorry and yes i soak up information on what all moderators say that way I can be a copy guru , as you say , and be as knowlegeable as you all

i didnt mean to offend you future … if that is what i did … then I say i am sorry again

FP and bw team: I notice that quite a few “non-premium” users (including myself) are struggling to make a decent backup of Securom 4.84.84.xxx titles e.g. Republic : The Revolution. Are the physical characteristics getting too detailed to be burnt normaly (emulation is fine)??

(appologies for duplicating this question, but I feel the subject deserves attention )

:bow: