Homemade copy protection IMPOSIBLE to COPY

vbimport

I purchased a PS One personalized cd game. It has a homemade copy protection.

When i try to get the image file in Clone CD, the last version. With all of the profiles that i found on this site and on the net, CloneCD only gets an Image of 4MB, the same for Alcohol, Blind Write, CDRWin, GameJack, CDMate, DDump, BurnDrive, UltraISO.

When I test the CD game with Clony i can see this information:

Sector size: 2048 Total sectors: 2099 Lengthh:s:f): 00:30:00
Tracks:1 Data Tracks: 1 Audio Tracks:0 CD serial: BAC007E6
Total: 3MB Datas:394MB Files:30
Dummy files: NO Overburn: NO TOC: ok Track length: ok

When I try to get the image with IsoBuster, I can see that the cd has two traks, track 1 of 4.10MB and track 2 of 8,156GB
i see 4 folders called:bin, da, movie, sd. I only can get acces the BIN folder with iso buster. But i don’t have access to any other folder and file neither.

I have the following HW: amd athlon xp 2800+, 512mb RAM, 120GB HD, cdrw: teac cdw-552e, lite-on ltr-52327s,
dvdrw: pionner ao4, dvd-rom: lite-on 163D with the last FW.

I’m running under windows XP

Please, help me :bow: :eek:

What do you mean “homemade copy protection”? Has someone else other than the manufacturer putting copy protection on it?

He means public tools such TZcopy.
In this case, the backup has been protected with an anti-cloneCD tool to avoid copying with that program (and few others)
You should open the second session and copy everything to your hd by hand. Then copy as usual with Nero for example.

Good luck!

None of the protection scanners reported anything?
Tried using any?

Bad or illegal TOC, overburning, bad sectors?

@stacy

Most scanners aren’t prepared to report that things, cause it is more a home made way of camoufling data, than protecting itself.

In this case i think there is two sessions, first of junk data, and second one with real game. No illegal or bad TOC present, just a special first data track that fools CloneCD reading system ( and few others).

Most advanced of this is VOB, but this doesn’t means bad or illegal TOC.

Good luck!

>When I try to get the image with IsoBuster, I can see that the cd has two traks, track 1 of 4.10MB and track 2 of 8,156GB

If the second track is “8,156GB” :eek: it is obviously using dummy files too. :iagree:

Originally posted by philamber
[B]>When I try to get the image with IsoBuster, I can see that the cd has two traks, track 1 of 4.10MB and track 2 of 8,156GB

If the second track is “8,156GB” :eek: it is obviously using dummy files too. :iagree: [/B]

Yep, thats what I would say…

:sad:

Thanks for all of your replies.

AS Morglum007 says, the cd has some kind of anti CloneCD tool.

>>>"You should open the second session and copy everything to your hd by hand. Then copy as usual with Nero for example. ">>>

With my hardware I cannot read the data on the second track.

The CD has 4 folders called:BIN, DA, MOVIE, SD.

I can read the info of just one folder called BIN with the help of ISOBuster, otherwise its imposible to read the info of any file, just the files located in the root.
I installed MacDisk, a software created in order to read cds from a Macintosh format. With this i can read the info of 2 folders: BIN and MOVIE, no more. When I try to read the info on the remaining folders the computer hangs.

I don’t know the copy protection that the cd has. But yes, is a homemade one, because the game is an edited and personalized of a comercial game.

One tip that I really don’t understand is, why this cd can be played in the ps one console, and cannot be readed from the computer, and cannot be played with an emulator of the play station neither.

:eek:

That programs (TZCopy) are based on the difficulty to read from not very good readers (are quite old utilities).

I think this is your case.
With the PSX, with a medium quality drive, thats CD is not a problem. If u had a Plextor drive, this shouldn’t be a problem too, but isn’t the case.

U cannot emulate that CD because your drive cannot read it properly. The problem is ur reader, not the CD itself. Try to read from another drive or try to “bypass” first session with CloneCD/AnyDVD option.

Show us.

Good luck!