To ckin2001, drybaboon and Donald Duck:
Try ending up in an ER one day in a critical condition with your life nearly lost because of some idiots. It is a life changing moment. I don't want to go into it because I have been trying to repress the memory for the past year or so.
After that you become a changed person. I never used to bother much about physical development (you could say I was a geek) after that I worked on both mental and physical development. I go to hand to hand combat classes once a week and physically train a few to five times a week. This is in addition to my work schedule.
I see where you are coming from but being an atheist, believe that there is no greater difference between a human and an animal apart from our larger grey matter mass. You may believe in the soul/spirit/etc. but I don't.
1) Guilt used to bother me. Now I just find it funny I've made someone elses day. I don't go out of my way to make life unpleasant for others, but if it happens (when previously it used to really get me down) I just ignore it. I don't need to rationalise it because when you (figuratively) sell your soul, guilt gets replaced with an empty feeling.
2) Perversion of a distributive society as envisioned by Marx is irrelevant. The bottom line is that they got perverted anyway and in any form, a distributive society is inefficient.
3) I don't care what is 'natural' or 'evolutionary'. I only care for what maximises my pleasure. And that is not sharing Mao standard-issue peasant uniforms or having my money wasted on charities.
4) Homeless people pulling themselves out of the gutter? Can it happen? I don't care - it is their problem. Not mine.
5) Before I ended up in the ER in a critical condition because of some idiots, I used to give money, sandwiches to beggars. Yes, it felt good. After that I just see them as potential idiots as well, so screw them.
6) I have no doubt living on the street is unpleasant. But why should I try to develop sympathy for them? Because it is good for my eternal soul? Bah. I don't believe in that. In fact, I'll say it now that if God exists, I think he's doing a REALLY bad job at being God.
7) You can never remove a poor class from society. Why bother fighting the inevitable? Like I said, wealth is relative. You can not have the rich without the poor.
I'll 'laugh' with you because I don't believe in what is right, but instead believe that might - you being a mod - makes right. But you don't have to know what I think about people who are not able to comment intellectually on a subject and instead just point a random finger or two.
Any one of you, or others, before passing judgement, should try being evil for just a day. You will find it a very liberating experience. There are so many scumbags in the world anyway chances are you're being a scumbag to another scumbag.