Home built -Not POSTING but getting power to all components

My build is

Asus P5Q S/E R Mobo
Intel Quad Core Cpu
8GB G.Skill Ram
ATI 4870 HD
Corsair 750 W

Just out of no where suddenly the rig is not posting at all. I have no clue why. Any ideas/help/info is greatly appreciated!!

So the PC did work and now it doesn’t?

Try pulling the power plug, then resetting the CMOS on the MB.

If you get it running after that, then you should check for a BIOS update and do that.

Make sure that the motherboard is seated correctly as well as the processor and its heat sink. Both can cause problems with start up posting.
Leave just one stick of memory on board and remove any other cards apart from the video and c drive. If it doesn’t post try a different graphics card.
It’s really a matter of elimination. Try some of the components in a working machine. If you can’t get it to post then there may be a problem on the motherboard.
Best of luck.

Thanks for the responses… Yes it was working perfectly fine and has been since it was built a little over 2 years ago. Its not even the most used pc in our home as the laptop tends to be used 24/7 so the desktop is rarely on.

I will give the suggestions a try and report back

my knee jerk response in a situation like yours is to disconnect external power, remove the CMOS battery
and swap in another RAM module, preferably known-good RAM from another computer
in the slot with the unique color (that MUSt be pupulated)
install a fresh CMOS battery (Hey a 2032 cost what $3?)

And try again.

If it still won’t POST basically all you can do is walk away.

Okay, I build Rigs all the time. What you have to do is put it on your Workbench and stip it down to just MB, Processor, Memory, Video Card, and Power. If it doesn’t POST from here, you have to check out all the Hardware. :cool:

[QUOTE=jaewest1;2582745]Thanks for the responses… Yes it was working perfectly fine and has been since it was built a little over 2 years ago. Its not even the most used pc in our home as the laptop tends to be used 24/7 so the desktop is rarely on.[/QUOTE] A good chance that dust has clogged everywhere.